Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2021-2022 Fall/Winter Mountains Thread

BlueRidgeFolklore

Just now, wncsnow said:

Almost all of the short range models have a trach right over the mountains now

I think the more amped it is it could be pulled further north but give way more credit towards the GFS and the EURO especially with the recent track record of the short range models recently.  Sure it could happen but the short range models have been piss poor as of late.

GFS still looks like a solid hit for the border counties.  Takes the low up just East of the Apps. Like like a decent 2 to 4 to 3 to 6 in the high elevations right along the border. Im excited for this little event. Cold temps to start and crashing temps into the teens and possibly single digits by Friday morning.

17 minutes ago, Maggie Ace said:

Yeah, I see more positive than negative this time. Looks like we start as snow in Haywood County with temperatures in the low to mid 30’s at my house and crash from there. GFS increase totals just a bit with that heavier snow band tomorrow afternoon. 

sn10_acc.us_ma (10).png

Yep and watch out for a bit of flow snow on the backside.

To be fair the GFS did catch on to the last system better than most (UK showed it first) BUT it was the most off on snow totals. It had at least 5 inches to as much as over a foot for AVL every single model run for a few days and they got an inch. 

I would proceed carefully with GFS snowmaps. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

To be fair the GFS did catch on to the last system better than most (UK showed it first) BUT it was the most off on snow totals. It had at least 5 inches to as much as over a foot for AVL every single model run for a few days and they got an inch. 

I would proceed carefully with GFS snowmaps. 

We going all in bro! All or nothing! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• jburns unpinned this topic