Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

I was watching that wild scene too and grabbed a snapshot earlier today.

I ended up hitting 64 just after 12:30 pm and then the temps took a dive mid-afternoon as a band pivoted around and deposited another 0.08" in the bucket for a total of 1.28" for the day so far (2.05" 2-day event total).  The sun attempted to peep out earlier this morning and provided a little drying, but then failed to break through much of the rest of the day here.

Currently 54 and overcast, with dp 50 and what looks like a broken band now pushing precip out of the NW.

COD-GOES-East-regional-northeast.truecolor.20211026.154117-over=map-bars-truecolor-10262021.gif

Ended up getting a little more overnight (0.03") just before midnight, for a total of 1.31" yesterday. I then got another 0.09" sometime between 2 am - 3 am today, giving me a 3-day event total of 2.17". That took my "below normal precip" for October, to above normal just from that event.

I was surprised to have bottomed out at 48 at midnight and it's currently 56 and partly cloudy with dp 54.

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Damn, Massachusetts had a gust of 97mph. Decent storm for us but nothing like that...

59F / Fall like, mostly cloudy and breezy with leaves blowing around...

Yeah, reading through that thread. Sounds like the SE part of the state got smashed!

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Hope any winter nor'easter isn't like that where we get brushed and they get smashed. Ideally, it would be best if we all got smashed...  

Given it's a Nina winter, we may be looking at a parade of Miller B screw jobs. However...

In my fantasy snowstorm yesterday, we got 1-2 feet while SNE had changeover issues all the way back to Worcester thanks to screaming easterly winds. :weenie:  

• Weenie 1

Surprise surprise----. Clown maps indicate snow for us on 11/6. This would not be good if it came to fruition. Way too many green leaves on the trees. Most likely scenario - white rain for the LV 1-2 in for the Poconos if verified. Still we are skipping fall with this forecast. Think we will get still a good freeze though in this time period to finally end the growing seasongfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_36.png

gfs_asnow_neus_41.png

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, Albedoman said:

Surprise surprise----. Clown maps indicate snow for us on 11/6. This would not be good if it came to fruition. Way too many green leaves on the trees. Most likely scenario - white rain for the LV 1-2 in for the Poconos if verified. Still we are skipping fall with this forecast. Think we will get still a good freeze though in this time period to finally end the growing seasongfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_36.png

gfs_asnow_neus_41.png

Well at least it feels good to be talking about snow maps again. It is a long snowless period each year.

• Weenie 1

8 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

Kinda looks like a Bob Ross painting...

52F

Not being well versed in painters, I had to look him up. I probably saw him a couple of times on PBS back in the day, seems he was a good and inspiring teacher.

There was a cloud a few minutes before that image that was shaped exactly like a donut, but it morphed before I got a pic.

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Not being well versed in painters, I had to look him up. I probably saw him a couple of times on PBS back in the day, seems he was a good and inspiring teacher.

There was a cloud a few minutes before that image that was shaped exactly like a donut, but it morphed before I got a pic.

If you have a stressful day at work a beer and a Bob Ross episode is the way to go. He would brush a couple times on canvas and you'd ask yourself "what the hell is that"? And before you know it a cool scenic painting would appear....usually a nature/outdoor setting. Yes it was on PBS and I think there's a youtube channel dedicated to him.

55F

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

3 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Bob painted happy little trees and often did snow scenes and once brought a pet squirrel on set he's a legend

Roku has a Bob Ross channel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Made it up to 61 today after bottoming out at 46.  The sun was out pretty much all day except for late this afternoon, when it started clouding up.

Currently 60 and mostly cloudy with dp 50.

SPC SWDY2 has the SE part of the CWA under a marginal risk for severe with the rest of the area penciled in for some T-storms.

• Weenie 1

9 hours ago, JTA66 said:

PLEASE, no accumulating snow before Thanksgiving. That usually signals a dead ratter of a winter is on the way.

I've given up on this theory. There are years we received "jack" before Thanksgiving and received "jack" during winter. I'll take Nov snow when possible...rather take Nov snow than useless late March/April snow which you know the sun will fry the next day if it even sticks at all.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Bottomed out a little warmer this morning at 50 and had an initial narrow ban of showers come through from SW to NE between 7:30 am - 8 am depositing 0.01".  Had gone out early this  morning to the supermarket and ran into it on my way home.  It definitely had a "fall" feel out there in terms of the chilly breeze.

Currently the overcast is starting to clear and temp is 52 with dp 47. Awaiting round 2.

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Read my mind. Changing my car oil/filter...54F/wind/dark clouds/mist and leaves falling and blowing around. I'll take this any day over 80F, high DPs and sunny.

Agree.

On an unrelated note, I think I'll have to get up on a ladder tomorrow and see if there's something blocking my rain gauge. It's only recorded .06" today, and I know we've gotten more than that.