Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE Fall 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

29 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

I would think if this were later December or January we would be enjoying a dynamic situation where the main storm was mainly wind and rain off the Atlantic followed by a quick dumping of snow for some last night with more of an inverted trough look.  This morning would probably be more snow squalls.  

We'd be saying "It just wants to snow!".

• Weenie 2

11 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

I've been watching that and am surprised it is still hanging together.  It had cleared out overnight and this morning (when I had popped out early this morning, it was completely clear with the stars easily visible). The sun has generally been out most of this morning but it is now starting to cloud up.  Currently 54 and cloudy with dp 53.

It is fading a bit, just had a sprinkle here, blue sky overhead but clouds otherwise. Looks like another hour or so of shower chances then hopefully some sun after that.

5 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

It is fading a bit, just had a sprinkle here, blue sky overhead but clouds otherwise. Looks like another hour or so of shower chances then hopefully some sun after that.

I ended up picking up another 0.01" from what was left of it as it passed over me for 0.17" today (so far because we seem to be getting widely scattered dark clouds floating around).

I did make it up to 64 today after a low of 49 and currently partly sunny but with a broken deck of dark clouds overhead, 61 and a dp of 53.

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Is this the latest the SE portions of this region have gone without a frost? I dont ever remember NOT having a frost before November.

There has been some scattered frost in valleys across Chester County - however freeze wise we are still not to close to latest 1st freeze. Below are the top 10 latest freezes in Chester County history since 1894 - average date of 1st freeze is October 24th. Of note 8 of the top 10 latest have all occurred since 2000!

1) 11/23/2015 / 2) 11/12/2016 / 3) 11/12/2005 / 4) 11/10/2017 / 5) 11/10/2018 / 6) 11/9/2004 / 7) 11/8/2007 / 8)11/8/2014 / 9) 11/7/1931 and 10) 11/6/1946

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Mt. Holly's climo for October for CWA sites -

Had a low of 47 this morning and my high (so far) tapped 58.  Currently sunny (not seeing any clouds) and 57 with dp way down to 36.

If our general area didn't have that 7-10 day cloudy period average Oct temps would have been higher and the 2nd warmest temps on that chart may have been 1st. Philly's record was 64.5F/avg/Oct and we hit 64F/avg/Oct. I would think even if half of our cloudy days were sunny/partly sunny we would've broke the record... 

44F 12:30am

• Weenie 1

Mt. Holly has the frost advisories and freeze warnings up -

Brought the rest of my potted plants (citrus and tender perennials) in yesterday (except my fig, which needs to go dormant before bringing in).

Ended up with that 58 as a high yesterday and it's certain I probably won't hit that today.

Currently 47 (a little "warmer" than I expected here due to a deck of high clouds) with dp 39.

Bottomed out at 36 about 8 minutes after sunrise and I expect the intermittent light breezes overnight prevented complete radiational cooling.

Have rebounded a bit with the sun and now am currently up to 37 and sunny, with dp 33.  Will soon be time to whip out the humidifiers (still haven't turned the heat on yet but I expect I may have to do so for tonight).