Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July 2021 Discussion

moneypitmike

8 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Another top 10 day in CT.  Probably some of the best, most comfortable weather I can remember for July down here in past several years of visits.  Upper 70s over 50s with strong sun.

Hot enough for swimming, but nice enough to do other activities too.  Difference between sun and shade is high today.

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

Splendid summer day.  Warm enough for all activities including water.

7 hours ago, tamarack said:

This is why I've voiced skepticism of the widespread use of dendrochronology to estimate past temperature regimes.  It's most useful at the cold edge of a species' range, where a 1°C change can determine success or failure to produce viable seed.  Elsewhere it's like you found - water is by far the bigger determinant.

10/10 for CoC today.  Sun is strong enough for me to work up a sweat moving wood but dews low enough to evaporate it.

Edit:  July has already had 1/4" more rain than the full month average, but the Sandy River flow is slightly less than 25th percentile.  Garden roots are fine but the water table has dropped.

6 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice airmass. Could’ve had some 40s around for lows if it had been a dry period the past couple weeks but the ground was so wet it made it harder. 

Still lots of low/mid 50s this AM in the rad pits. 

3 hours ago, kdxken said:

Doesn't get much better.

3 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Bottle this one up.  Send more...alas

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Epic euro COC toward next weekend.

Everyone loves COC

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Only drier day looks like Wed based on concensus 

Yeah looping the winds there are several waves moving through, but the flow lingers NW more than it is backed to the south.  Looks like intrusions of maritime air from the south briefly but that snuck up on me how much cooler of a look later this week is.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah looping the winds there are several waves moving through, but the flow lingers NW more than it is backed to the south.  Looks like intrusions of maritime air from the south briefly but that snuck up on me how much cooler of a look later this week is.

Overall another wet stormy fairly humid week before it dries out for the weekend ahead of next wet humid stretch early following week. Not good for folks like Scooter who have Stein fetishes now 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Wednesday morning maybe a few shwrs. Then again late Thursday but otherwise looks nice. Time for the rain nonsense to end.

Another wet week overall. Not as wet as the last 4 weeks, but we wet 

LONG TERM /MONDAY NIGHT THROUGH SATURDAY/...
Highlights...

* Periodic rain and thunderstorm chances through the period, first
  on Tuesday then again Thursday into Friday
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2