• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

There was a year in maybe the mid 1990s that I reached 108. I didn't keep heat records specifically, but there was a stretch of weather where we were well over 100 for multiple days, and on a couple my low was in the mid 80s as I recall.

The stat is extreme heat.  Bring in the homeless type stuff. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Do you or anyone else remember the year? It was record breaking heat from what I remember. Maybe it was the year of their highest recorded temp?

The 107 was in 1966, so it couldn’t have been that. My best guess is 1995.

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Do you or anyone else remember the year? It was record breaking heat from what I remember. Maybe it was the year of their highest recorded temp?

I was in Philly in the Mid 90's so was not around here to remember but checked  the NWS stats and the highest Min MDT recorded in recent times was 81 in August 2011.  So probably more localized if Mid 80's.  They did have a day, July 1995, where it got down to 80 for a Max Min.  The record is August 9th 1900 @ 83.    In 1991 MDT was over 100 3 out of 5 days late in July. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was in Philly in the Mid 90's so was not around here to remember but checked  the NWS stats and the highest Min MDT recorded in recent times was 81 in August 2011.  So probably more localized if Mid 80's.  They did have a day, July 1995, where it got down to 80 for a Max Min.  The record is August 9th 1900 @ 83.    In 1991 MDT was over 100 3 out of 5 days late in July. 

Thank you for checking. I'm pretty certain the heat wave I'm thinking of was July 1995. That river must have cooled them off efficiently that night. :) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I was a mason then. If i remember correctly, that entire week was brutal. Guys were dropping like flies. We were laying foundations in a new development. No shade for miles around. Just pounding sun and it was humid. But my mind could be sketchy on details.

edit-by weeks end, only me and the foreman were left from entire crew. He said screw it, we're not working. we went to a bar :D

I read that heatwave in 1988 killed between 5000 and 10000 people nationwide.  2-5x the death toll for 9/11.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We made it to 97 but have retreated to 93 as some clouds have come into play.   Lots of 97-99's in Franklin on Wundermap.  Chance today is the hottest day we have until 2022.   I said chance....if it gets hotter again.  LOL.  

Just hit 97. Will likely be the high for here as well. A few cells around the HBG area right now, but nothing imminent in this area. 

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Just hit 97. Will likely be the high for here as well. A few cells around the HBG area right now, but nothing imminent in this area. 

I am thinking we cloud up over here earlier tomorrow and it keeps temps in the 90-93 area.    You guys might go for 100 worst case!   Hard to find a day it does not rain in or around Harrisburg. 

16 minutes ago, canderson said:

No rain here. 

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

On the ground report that Red Robin in Colonial Park is getting the goods.    The worst part about that is one of my friends is enjoying unlimited fries and I am not.  LOL 

Rain crossing the river JUST south of the HBG near New Cumberland. Looks like most of it will split Harrisburg and MDT.

The have and have nots. When I see someone talking about drought conditions it is a little like WTF are talking about. Over 3" for the week and 7" for the month with more incoming up here in the next 30 minutes. Played golf at Scranton CC last night and water was coming up from the fairways when you walked to your ball. Crazy.