• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

2 minutes ago, canderson said:

I had thought today would be the hottest day of this stretch but tomorrow probably does hit 100, today probably only 96/97. 

FWIW my parents near Dallas' high yesterday was 81. They've only hit 95 once, no 100s. Latest ever to not hit 100, and one of the coolest Junes on record. 

But yeah the climate's not changing. We are the new SE but susceptible to higher temps due to latitude (like Portanld is facing - you see they hit 116 yesterday?1). 

That’s 9 degrees warmer than any temperature they recorded prior to this heat wave. A new all time record high for Canada (118) was set, and the official records of 118 for Washington state and 117 for Oregon (apparently disputed, I’ve seen 119 from some sources) were tied yesterday.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

It looks as though rain is later Thursday.  and i'm praying to salvage Sunday and Monday. 

I am very interested in the continued trend to make tomorrow more interesting.   If Euro concurs I think we are on.  It would limit the highs tomorrow though.   Monday looks really good at this point.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, GFS wastes no time roating that heat back in after 4 coolish days.     CMC pops one of the SLP's moving to the south of the LSV and gives Eastern PA the "what for" Saturday afternoon.  As heavy as it gets. 

I mean we can’t have it all, but 90s most weeks of the summer, no matter how cool it gets in between, can get exhausting.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I mean we can’t have it all, but 90s most weeks of the summer, no matter how cool it gets in between, can get exhausting.

4 days of highs in the 60's and 70's is pretty "decent" for July.   If I were planning a party I think Thur-Sat are very questionable.  Sunday is iffy especially early but Monday is looking traditional 4th like.  

17 minutes ago, paweather said:

Let's hope we don't have to root on the CMC only. 

All models have significant rain starting tomorrow for some then Thur-Sat for all.  Just the layout of the CMC's looked a lot like that WPC map.   Of interest on the GFS is a weak tropical system that crosses Florida next week then strengthens and has it's way with the Outer Banks.