• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

43 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yeah, that’s our data, haha. MDT is at 75.1 (I assume that’s a typo on your part). Should go up to about 75.5 if today’s average is somewhere around 86, which cross-referenced with what I posted yesterday would be #3 behind 1994 and some other year much longer ago. Hard to believe that being just 3 degrees above normal in June is top 3, so maybe I’m wrong.

I know it will be the second highest since 1980 (average temp, not departure) which your data agreed with.   Most Junes back to 1980 were either negative departures or small positive.  1994 was the only one that was also in the 3's I believe. 

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS looks cautiously  better for Fri and Sat.    Not so good for the beaches.    Temps on Sat get progressively colder the farther East you go as a low wraps up off the coast.

CMC still a bit questionable but not terrible. 

Quite the interesting GFS run beyond the weekend too. Leaves that system sitting off the coast for days and keeping cool flow across much of PA while building a massive ridge across the middle of the country that never really gets here before the end of the run.

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS looks cautiously  better for Fri and Sat.    Not so good for the beaches.    Temps on Sat get progressively colder the farther East you go as a low wraps up off the coast.

CMC still a bit questionable but not terrible. 

Friday and Saturday still rain in LSV.

Just now, TimB84 said:

Quite the interesting GFS run beyond the weekend too. Leaves that system sitting off the coast for days and keeping cool flow across much of PA while building a massive ridge across the middle of the country that never really gets here before the end of the run.

Thanks.  I ran through the 2M temps and saw a lot more cool days but have not had time to investigate but figured it somehow involved a back door front or east winds.   I also noticed a moderate Hurricane slices Florida in half. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Thanks.  I ran through the 2M temps and saw a lot more cool days but have not had time to investigate but figured it somehow involved a back door front or east winds.   I also noticed a moderate Hurricane slices Florida in half. 

Yep, said hurricane then slowly runs up the east coast into the Mid-Atlantic before going out to sea. Meanwhile, a ridge builds into the plains and eventually sends temps in the Dakotas toward 120, but a corresponding weak trough develops for us.

4 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Yep, said hurricane then slowly runs up the east coast into the Mid-Atlantic before going out to sea. Meanwhile, a ridge builds into the plains and eventually sends temps in the Dakotas toward 120, but a corresponding weak trough develops for us.

If this is truly the second or third hottest June for us (not you guys as much) we deserve a less brutal July with more troughiness.  I will gladly give up the rando extra cold day to have more nice days and much less than 10 days over 90 like this month.   

Queue the discussion on whether a random front can grab the hurricane and end drought talk here.  Who had fujiwara on their late June bingo card? 

16 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Looks like the Pittsburgh area is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like the Pittsburgh area is getting hit pretty hard right now. 

Nothing significant yet imby, but I think I’m about to get a decent storm. No severe warning for here, which is good but there was one south of the city a bit ago.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I'm now at 99 lads, with a dew of 70 brings me to 106 heat index!  Can I do the triple digit dance!?  I see the PA Turnpike sensor on the Susquehanna River Bridge at milepost 245.7 hit 100 at 2:03 PM, first semi "official" reading I've seen in the keystone state in the triples.

CTP recorded some 100+ readings from their spotters yesterday but did not see the complete list. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I'm now at 99 lads, with a dew of 70 brings me to 106 heat index!  Can I do the triple digit dance!?  I see the PA Turnpike sensor on the Susquehanna River Bridge at milepost 245.7 hit 100 at 2:03 PM, first semi "official" reading I've seen in the keystone state in the triples.

My 2nd, backup weather station is showing 98.8 (99) here as well. Good to see that my backup is pulling it's own weight. :) 

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro has the typical "just when you thought it was safe to go you forgot an ULL was spinning over you" rains for Saturday.  Mostly afternoon.  Sunday looks fairly dry. Temps 70's on Sat and Upper 70's to low 80's Sunday. 

CTP seems to be keying on that feature for Saturday...discussion this morning centered on numerous showers around on Saturday PM. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

My 2nd, backup weather station is showing 98.8 (99) here as well. Good to see that my backup is pulling it's own weight. :) 

Nearest PWS to me is showing 70.5. Yes, the thunderstorms have arrived.

• Like 1