• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

haha you know you're a hardcore weather enthusiast when you have a backup station at the ready.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

What he is not saying, hidden in the grammar, is that he has 3 weather stations.  He is down to his second backup.

My 2nd backup is my $4 thermometer mounted on my kitchen window combined with my $7 garden rain gauge. :) 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Soon enough Duck won’t even be the greatest QB in Steelers history with his initials.

Euro has a mess (Florida influence) of active weather throughout the Eastern 1/2 of the US next week.  And I can just feeling it rubbings its hand and chuckling as it teases with another heat wave next week. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro has a mess (Florida influence) of active weather throughout the Eastern 1/2 of the US next week.  And I can just feeling it rubbings its hand and chuckling as it teases with another heat wave next week. 

CMC looked hot too. I don’t think the GFS is winning this one.

But in the Euro case, its personal. It has some type of algorithm that inflates the temps and it is frequently well too high based on my back checking.  It's like it has become sentient. But the active week has airline delays written all over it.    The mass of storms fueled by the upper level weakness in the center of the country is a lot to track.

Speaking of the GFS it has snow on the full US panel in one of the periods. In Canada. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

But in the Euro case, its personal. It has some type of algorithm that inflates the temps and it is frequently well too high based on my back checking.  It's like it has become sentient. But the active week has airline delays written all over it.    The mass of storms fueled by the upper level weakness in the center of the country is a lot to track.

Speaking of the GFS it has snow on the full US panel in one of the periods. In Canada. 

What was it forecasting for a low this morning at MDT? 87?

1 minute ago, TimB84 said:

What was it forecasting for a low this morning at MDT? 87?

I have not found the lows to be too inflated vs. the day 3-10 highs when it wants to have a heatwave.  CMC as well.  Now when the heatwave happens its highs are not too bad but it sees a heatwave around every corner.  If it had its way MDT would have probably averaged near 80 for June vs the mid 70's it did average.     GFS is probably just as bad in the opposite direction though. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I have not found the lows to be too inflated vs. the day 3-10 highs when it wants to have a heatwave.  CMC as well.  Now when the heatwave happens its highs are not too bad but it sees a heatwave around every corner.  If it had its way MDT would have probably averaged near 80 for June vs the mid 70's it did average.     GFS is probably just as bad in the opposite direction though. 

That is absolutely true. It sniffs out any hint of heat and turns it into what looks like days and days of misery if it were to verify.

• Like 1

Here is another one I found hitting triple digits.......

PennDot: SR 309 N/B @ I-276 Ft Washington Interchange Montgomery Co
75.2°W 40.13°N   elev: 171 ft

Observation time: 6/30/2021 03:35 pm
Temperature: 100 ℉  Relative Humidity: 37%
Precipitation (inches) 1hr: 0
Dew Point: 68.9 ℉  
Wind Direction/Speed: W 266° / 4.0 mph
Wind Gust: 15.9 mph
MSL Pressure(mb): 1012.4
Visibility(mi): 12.4
Road Surface Temperature: 109 ℉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I know I mentioned it some time ago but if you're not already you really should be using the Keystone Mesonet website, an absolutely fantastic site for official real time weather data across the state.  Check it out.....

https://keystone-mesonet.org/

I saw you posted this before.  Do you know if there is anyway to output to text/.xls so one can review after the fact?  Re: I can output Wundermap and that is how I saw all the 100 readings yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I saw you posted this before?  Do you know if there is anyway to output to text/.xls so one can review after the fact?  Re: I can output Wundermap and that is how I saw all the 100 reading yesterday. 

I'm not sure but there is a data download feature in the upper righthand corner.  I haven't tried it yet, feel free to play with it and let me know.  It's still a relatively new endeavor and I know they're still working on some things.  But for real time it's fantastic.

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I'm not sure but there is a data download feature in the upper righthand corner.  I haven't tried it yet, feel free to play with it and let me know.  It's still a relatively new endeavor and I know they're still working on some things.  But for real time it's fantastic.

Thanks, I was not trying to offload work to you.  I should have asked if you found any way so I could save time if you knew the shortcuts. 

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

So you hit that database icon then choose from 3 options 1) Live data or past 24 hours,  2) which network, and 3) export type.  leaving you with the first screen below.  Download the resulting text/.csv file then sort by station ID or sort by temp to look for 100's.  I must have picked a different network than you were looking at.  

image.png.4700e7b0b31b9035ae746641bd64a977.png

image.thumb.png.23bc23a8291e227434b196354ed9c3c2.png

• Thanks 1