• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

13 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Where I live you could say I live in a bowl with a creek that 130ft. Wide running through the middle. Believe me it gets cold in the fall and especially winter at night. Say if Harrisburg has a low of 15 I might be down near zero here.

Micro-climates.  Love to discuss them.    The LSV is one big one during CAD sessions.  

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Ha! I'm not going to get hung up on the pending heat wave when it's like this outside now. What will come, will come. These past 2 days have been pretty special for late June. 

Absolutely. I’ve enjoyed this week tremendously, whether it returns in 3 days or 3 weeks or 3 months won’t diminish from that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TimB84 said:

Absolutely. I’ve enjoyed this week tremendously, whether it returns in 3 days or 3 weeks or 3 months won’t diminish from that.

18Z GFS back to a wet and coolish  early 4th weekend then nice the 4th and 5th.  Seesaw/back and forth.    The Palouse just fries the whole run...each day getting worse and worse until 300 Plus hours. 

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

18Z GFS back to a wet and coolish  early 4th weekend then nice the 4th and 5th.  Seesaw/back and forth.    The Palouse just fries the whole run...each day getting worse and worse until 300 Plus hours. 

Keep that heat up in the Palouse, I don’t want it here.

Just now, TimB84 said:

Keep that heat up in the Palouse, I don’t want it here.

Don't look at the CMC.   I know we discussed this yesterday but I am surprised there is not more coverage of a potential 120 degree temp outside the S/W US.  120 degree temp at a latitude above ours.   Maybe just lack of trust in the extreme predicts?  Mid to Upper 110's seem a lock though.

image.png.16fb6764265e378b6fba65b14750652b.png

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Don't look at the CMC.   I know we discussed this yesterday but I am surprised there is not more coverage of a potential 120 degree temp outside the S/W US.  120 degree temp at a latitude above ours.   Maybe just lack of trust in the extreme predicts?  Mid to Upper 110's seem a lock though.

I feel like models sometimes show things that aren’t plausible in reality (I’m thinking of a time that the GFS was showing 107 in an area of Florida relatively close to the coast during a SE ridge situation, and a time this past winter when the CMC was showing a low of 14 if I remember correctly for Phoenix). Is it possible that such effects can occur in the PNW? I can’t say I’ve spent any time analyzing how well the models do in that region of the country.

15 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I feel like models sometimes show things that aren’t plausible in reality (I’m thinking of a time that the GFS was showing 107 in an area of Florida relatively close to the coast during a SE ridge situation, and a time this past winter when the CMC was showing a low of 14 if I remember correctly for Phoenix). Is it possible that such effects can occur in the PNW? I can’t say I’ve spent any time analyzing how well the models do in that region of the country.

The 120 looks like it would be one of the hottest temps ever recorded outside Death Valley.  If you pull the S/W US out, the highest temp in US History was 122 in North Dakota in 1936.    But I would hazard a guess that none of the other low 120's feature temps near the extreme for 10+ days straight.     That is some extreme weather.  

Funny,  but I went to look for the Washington forum on here and just realized this site is very East US specific.   I never noticed that there is just one sub forum that covers Lewis and Clark Territory plus the S/W. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 120 looks like it would be one of the hottest temps ever recorded outside Death Valley.  If you pull the S/W US out, the highest temp in US History was 122 in North Dakota in 1936.    But I would hazard a guess that none of the other low 120's feature temps near the extreme for 10+ days straight.     That is some extreme weather.  

Funny,  but I went to look for the Washington forum on here and just realized this site is very East US specific.   I never noticed that there is just one sub forum that covers Lewis and Clark Territory plus the S/W. 

Indeed, it’s very eastern focused. I mean I get it, the only really populated place out west where it would be truly interesting to talk about weather would be Denver, but even there, the storms come interspersed among 300 sunny days a year.

18 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Indeed, it’s very eastern focused. I mean I get it, the only really populated place out west where it would be truly interesting to talk about weather would be Denver, but even there, the storms come interspersed among 300 sunny days a year.

I guess Met's who are truly interested in variability within their profession yearn to be in the East

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

12Z EC has Temps in the mid to upper 70's and DP's in the low to Mid 70's to start off Tue and Wed AM at MDT next week. 

It ain’t over yet, but it looks like it’s going to kick the ridge out a little faster than the previous run.

27 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It ain’t over yet, but it looks like it’s going to kick the ridge out a little faster than the previous run.

Good call early on in the run.  Euro should be a fan favorite.  Cuts the heatwave in half, lessens its intensity, then provides water relief followed by a very Decent Sat-Mon.  @sauss06 will approve.  He gets his near 80 and dry for most of the 4th weekend even if you extrapolate it out a bit.   A huge improvement from 0Z in my book.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Good call early on in the run.  Euro should be a fan favorite.  Cuts the heatwave in half, lessens its intensity, then provides water relief followed by a very Decent Sat-Mon.  @sauss06 will approve.  He gets his near 80 and dry for most of the 4th weekend even if you extrapolate it out a bit.   A huge improvement from 0Z in my book.

Oh my, that trough is fantastic.

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its a rare day that I come away from a Euro run and feel good about what it is showing.  Trough is aiming at your house and telling your A/C to take a break.

image.thumb.png.efb114f8e0a02c63a0c49e86deb035fb.png

That’s a beauty. Won’t even clip the image out of the quote.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MrFreeze6298 said:

a rather fresh meteorology seems to set up on the American eastern part I am wrong or not?

Its is quite delightful out here right now.   Been a great two days of weather.   Eastern PA gets another windows open and fans night with low to mid 50's and maybe an upper 40's.  Last one for a bit though.