• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

36 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

i think everyone has a limit and there are many contributing factors. my profile picture was taken last year on July 4th it was 95 and we had townhouses on fire. I wasn't affected by the heat, but several guys went down because of temps. Gotta stay hydrated and work to keep you body temp down. Now when you go to rehab, they have misters and give you freeze pops while they monitor your vitals. 30 years ago we drank warm tank water, smoked a cig and went back at it ;) 

Yea, a beer used to be how to get your body "back into the game".  Not so anymore per intuitionalist.  I know if it were 95 out I would be affected by the heat just by walking outside.     

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Had to look up what that word meant.  Was expecting the see Bulls and Rodeo stuff or maybe Native Americans but saw legumes instead.  

I just know it from following college football over the years and whenever Washington State (located in Pullman, WA) was playing at home they would refer to them as being "out on The Palouse".

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I just know it from following college football over the years and whenever Washington State (located in Pullman, WA) was playing at home they would refer to them as being "out on The Palouse".

Ah yes, Washington State, located just 8 miles from the University of Idaho.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The EC does appear it will be west with the ridge...which is ok as even if there are trends pointing east, the EC will be slow to show them. 

I’m not too worried. Looks muggy but not oppressively hot before the ridge gets beaten down (a little more so for you than me, but not terrible). CMC was interesting too. Rather dry but another pattern like the current one by later next week.

11 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

I’m not too worried. Looks muggy but not oppressively hot before the ridge gets beaten down (a little more so for you than me, but not terrible). CMC was interesting too. Rather dry but another pattern like the current one by later next week.

Yes, all 3 have a similar experience as to our last two "patterns".  Cool/cold and slowly warming up to a crescendo day or two of high heat, cold front passage and cool again.

I'm at a crossroads fellas. Been to nearly 800 Sixers games and once again I have full season membership for next season. Depending on what transpires, it might be my last. I've been a fan and going to games since the 1975-76 season and have been through a lot. Age and time commitments are starting to take some of the fun out of it. We'll see what happens soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Holy cow. I decided to try and do that work thing for a couple of hours to come back to 3 new pages! You guys are killing it. 

Sunny and 76 here. Nice breeze. Feels great.

And then...someone brought up the 76ers and my day turned cloudy...

Good stuff! Sorry about the sixers though! 

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Holy cow. I decided to try and do that work thing for a couple of hours to come back to 3 new pages! You guys are killing it. 

Sunny and 76 here. Nice breeze. Feels great.

And then...someone brought up the 76ers and my day turned cloudy...

I have done an amazing amount of work today but all desk based.  Fast Paced Thread has inspired me to take some risks and they worked out.  (I am not a day trader, FYI.  LOL). 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm at a crossroads fellas. Been to nearly 800 Sixers games and once again I have full season membership for next season. Depending on what transpires, it might be my last. I've been a fan and going to games since the 1975-76 season and have been through a lot. Age and time commitments are starting to take some of the fun out of it. We'll see what happens soon enough. 

That is great you have been loyal no doubt! 

Just now, paweather said:

Good stuff! Sorry about the sixers though! 

The worst part about it is - the whole way down on Sunday, I KNEW they were going to lose. 

It's like when models are showing snow for us in the winter, but when you take into account storm track, local climate, and everything else, you get that sinking feeling that something's going to go wrong. 

At least I was "prepared" for them to lose.

Oh, the joys of being a Sixers fan. 

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If money is not an issue I think they are still an exciting team and I am hoping, for their case, they find a way to fit Simmons back in to the fold.  When confident he is a great athlete.  Needs to get serious about shooting practice.   Embid is a highly skilled Moses Malone! 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

The worst part about it is - the whole way down on Sunday, I KNEW they were going to lose. 

It's like when models are showing snow for us in the winter, but when you take into account storm track, local climate, and everything else, you get that sinking feeling that something's going to go wrong. 

At least I was "prepared" for them to lose.

Oh, the joys of being a Sixers fan. 

That is how Cap's fans feel about going to a home Game 7. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If money is not an issue I think they are still an exciting team and I am hoping, for their case, they find a way to fit Simmons back in to the fold.  When confident he is a great athlete.  Needs to get serious about shooting practice.   Embid is a highly skilled Moses Malone! 

That's it. He's got Steve Sax-itis. 

• Haha 1