• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Summer 2021

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

How is it our forum is far busier in Summer then spring, fall, winter.

Because the LR and MR GFS is actually right most of the time now. More fun to follow when the rug does not keep getting pulled out.  Otherwise I take blame for the noise.  But all I have to do is point out a statistical anomaly and @Mount Joy Snowman will turn this thread on its head! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Because the LR and MR GFS is actually right most of the time now. More fun to follow when the rug does not keep getting pulled out.  Otherwise I take blame for the noise.  But all I have to do is point out a statistical anomaly and @Mount Joy Snowman will turn this thread on its head! 

The rug gets pulled out constantly some winters. And I suppose, for those who want consistent heat, the rug keeps getting pulled out this summer.

Just now, TimB84 said:

The rug gets pulled out constantly some winters. And I suppose, for those who want consistent heat, the rug keeps getting pulled out this summer.

Yea, I guess but I do not remember the GFS showing heat waves for too many runs in a row yet.  The EC has.  The GFS cold bias has been its strength so far but as you pointed out, we are still above normal at MDT for the month so its not really been cold...just stretches' of above normal followed by the opposite. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I guess but I do not remember the GFS showing heat waves for too many runs in a row yet.  The EC has.  The GFS cold bias has been its strength so far but as you pointed out, we are still above normal at MDT for the month so its not really been cold...just stretches' of above normal followed by the opposite. 

The thing is, most people on a weather forum are undoubtedly on the same team in January. That’s simply not true in July.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

The thing is, most people on a weather forum are undoubtedly on the same team in January. That’s simply not true in July.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Pretty much spot on.  

If my family didn't spend as much time together by the pool, i'd probably not want high 80s and low 90s either. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

If my family didn't spend as much time together by the pool, i'd probably not want high 80s and low 90s either. 

No hard feelings towards anyone who’s on the “other” team in the summer, believe me. :)

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Cannot imagine being a firefighter in that environment though DP's are in the 40's so its not as bad as it may look. 

The thing about it is, when wearing your gear, even minor tasks you're completely soaked. If we have a lot of even minor calls, i'll strip my liners to wash then once a week. 

4 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

The thing about it is, when wearing your gear, even minor tasks you're completely soaked. If we have a lot of even minor calls, i'll strip my liners to wash then once a week. 

I would imagine.  I just think there is probably a temp where it goes from being soaked to stopping sweating and danger time.  

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I would imagine.  I just think there is probably a temp where it goes from being soaked to stopping sweating and danger time.  

i think everyone has a limit and there are many contributing factors. my profile picture was taken last year on July 4th it was 95 and we had townhouses on fire. I wasn't affected by the heat, but several guys went down because of temps. Gotta stay hydrated and work to keep you body temp down. Now when you go to rehab, they have misters and give you freeze pops while they monitor your vitals. 30 years ago we drank warm tank water, smoked a cig and went back at it ;) 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I was going to look for the average late June temp to see how far above it was but a record means it is way above.  

Records for any day of any month at any location in Washington and Oregon are 118 and 119, respectively, though I think the 119 is disputed.

3 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Records for any day of any month at any location in Washington and Oregon are 118 and 119, respectively, though I think the 119 is disputed.

Average Weather in July in Walla Walla Washington, United States

Daily high temperatures increase by 6°F, from 87°F to 93°F, rarely falling below 75°F or exceeding 102°F.

Daily low temperatures increase by 5°F, from 60°F to 65°F, rarely falling below 53°F or exceeding 72°F.

The area averages less than 1" of rain for the whole month.

For reference, on July 31, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Walla Walla typically range from 65°F to 93°F, while on December 29, the coldest day of the year, they range from 30°F to 40°F.

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

For reference, on July 31, the hottest day of the year, temperatures in Walla Walla typically range from 65°F to 93°F, while on December 29, the coldest day of the year, they range from 30°F to 40°F.

Interesting. A lot of seasonal lag in summer but very little in winter.