• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    WX Fan
    Newest Member
    WX Fan

June Observations 2021

7 minutes ago, yotaman said:

Just picked up an additional .81" from a severe warned storm. This puts me up to 7.09" for the month and it is only mid month.

Wow you are having a great first half of June.  Im only at 4.14" MTD

26 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

Your June mean is 5.13”.  You’ve crushed that already.  :lol:  But like @NorthHillsWx said, send some of your surplus to the Piedmont.

After such a dry May, every drop of that surplus is needed.

It's about to storm again for about the 3-4th time today.

Last couple of days have been wet.

Rained decent yesterday and today.

Hopefully our dry season is over here.

Cause it's been hot and slow on getting the rainy season going. Almost have been on the verge of burning up.

Anyone know how to get climate data from Franklin County airport? Our farmer up there says it’s the driest spring he’s ever had and it literally didn’t rain in April and they had just 1 thunderstorm in may. They have been unable to plant this year without irrigation 

Looking at radar tonight and what is depicted on the models as far as a potential tropical cyclone.

There is a weak area of LP over the GOM around and west of Tampa/Clearwater.

16 hours ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Anyone know how to get climate data from Franklin County airport? Our farmer up there says it’s the driest spring he’s ever had and it literally didn’t rain in April and they had just 1 thunderstorm in may. They have been unable to plant this year without irrigation 

Three day history for the airport is here:  https://w1.weather.gov/data/obhistory/KLHZ.html

Long range climate data for Franklin County is here:  https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/cag/county/time-series/NC-069/pcp/1/5/1895-2021?base_prd=true&begbaseyear=1901&endbaseyear=2000

57 minutes ago, magpiemaniac said:

June’s rain gauge is still stuck at 3.62”.  Dry as a bone for the last several days.  Maybe we can get something out of this tropical cyclone by Sunday or Monday if it’ll ever get it’s act together.

I really hope the rain materializes, but I’m not holding my breath :( 

33 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I really hope the rain materializes, but I’m not holding my breath :( 

Go ahead and hold it. I’ll bet you would look good in purple.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, jburns said:

Go ahead and hold it. I’ll bet you would look good in purple.

I’m really banking on the Euro, everything else essentially dissipates the low and drives any rain south and east of North Carolina. Per the GFS, our only rain chance in next 10 days would be some afternoon storms one day with the frontal passage. These 2-3 week gaps in any rainfall are not ideal 

Hit 91 today and with the dew point in the mid 70's and a stiff, hot breeze, felt really miserable out there. Currently it has cooled down a bit and is now 85/73.

0.87 in the old rain bucket this morning, not too shabby.  Sun has appeared for a bit and we have a chance for a bit more.  Happy Father’s Day to all the dads.  

First band was pretty decent here, picked up .93"   We should clear 1-1.25" by the time Claudette rolls outta here overnight tonite.

MTD: 5.07"

Temps: 74 with a dp of 73. 

Ip

over an inch but it’s pouring too hard to go read the rain gauge to get a more accurate estimate. I can hear my grass and bananas sucking up the moisture and growing.  

47 minutes ago, jpbart said:

Ip

over an inch but it’s pouring too hard to go read the rain gauge to get a more accurate estimate. I can hear my grass and bananas sucking up the moisture and growing.  

Just broke an inch here. 1.04” and still raining. Pretty dang happy and looks to rain off and on through tomorrow morning