• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2021

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Spots in the sun at a premium.  Only 54 our here right now at caldadonia. 

Enjoy your day - I love Caledonia, to me it's a hidden gem. We often go to Pinchot because it's closer but I love the vibe in the Michaux state forest. :) 

Also, thanks for your well wishes for our trip. It's out of my control, we'll make the best of what comes our way. Interestingly, as epically wet as it was last year, we've been doing the beach gig all my life and over the years we've been blessed with phenomenal weather. Many years featured no rain, or perhaps a day where it stormed. Last year was the only true clunker that I remember, so there's that perspective, too. Sure, I want it sunny and 85 every day but that isn't likely going to happen and we'll enjoy that beautiful, fragile piece of land no matter what the weather. 

8 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Enjoy your day - I love Caledonia, to me it's a hidden gem. We often go to Pinchot because it's closer but I love the vibe in the Michaux state forest. :) 

Also, thanks for your well wishes for our trip. It's out of my control, we'll make the best of what comes our way. Interestingly, as epically wet as it was last year, we've been doing the beach gig all my life and over the years we've been blessed with phenomenal weather. Many years featured no rain, or perhaps a day where it stormed. Last year was the only true clunker that I remember, so there's that perspective, too. Sure, I want it sunny and 85 every day but that isn't likely going to happen and we'll enjoy that beautiful, fragile piece of land no matter what the weather. 

Have a great trip! 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

3-day total of 1.42” for me here in beautiful West Hempfield Township. Just trimmed some shrubbery on this glorious day, now about to have some peeps over for some grilling and boozing. Cheers to all and god bless those who have served and given the ultimate sacrifice for our great nation. Happy Memorial Day!

Ah ha! You beat me this time. :) 

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks, it was stupendous out.   And not too crowded.  We got the table in the first area that sits right in front of the creek as it trusn around the pool so a prime spot.  It was in the shade and did not have a grill so was still free at 10:30.   I definitely like the Michaux parks a lot better than Pinchot but that is the mountain lover in me :-).

Yea, on your trip there is nothing you can do to change the weather....but I do hope the actual weather gives you a bit of a break and allows you to have some good beach time. 

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm sort of surprised by how brown my yard still is. Definitely better than a week ago but still dry.

Almost like no amount of rainy days is going to keep some of this grass green if it is in full sun all day.  Maybe I am just nostalgic but I remember laying in green grass for July 4th just 15 years ago.  Possibly a different kind of grass. Now its becoming common place to mow twice a week in May, once a week in June and then  2-3 times a month in July and August. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Just wanted to share this pic that my son took last week of the second severe warned storm we had. This was the one about 8:45 pm in Dauphin County at Berrysburg, Pa. Very strong winds that brought  trees down and very heavy rain and small hail.

received_222994092666203.jpeg

I saw the damage from that one last week. It's on my route from Tower City to Sunbury. I'll be driving through there today as well.

1 minute ago, paweather said:

awesome! now double down on that in June! :D

The CMC and GFS are doubling down on something but is not negative departures.  Serious heat wave next week.  Its been hinted at for days now.  CMC is especially egregious in the LSV.   Some triple digits would come out of that map.   The Euro may blow a gasket and show a 110 today. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The CMC and GFS are doubling down on something but is not negative departures.  Serious heat wave next week.  Its been hinted at for days now.  CMC is especially egregious in the LSV.   Some triple digits would come out of that map.   The Euro may blow a gasket and show a 110 today. 

As we say in Winter......"Still got time" LOLLL..

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

This looks like lots and lots of pain. I guess we pay the price for getting an extended winter/early spring.