• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mtroyalspa
    Newest Member
    mtroyalspa

Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

End of EPS and GEFS look like a brief arctic shot. I would say the 17-21 should be below normal with a chance of a snowstorm. 

ecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png

gfs-ens_T850a_us_54.png

More models are showing below average for April and May too as well so it looks like it's going to be prolonged below average for next several weeks. 

Really nice dendrites falling again. It has been a very wintry day today. The first week of March has featured 3 different days with ground coverings...thinking this month may provide more winter than December and January did.

On and off snow showers through out the day, high of 22° so far.. In-laws heading up from nj today probably not appreciating the wintry weather..Lol Needless to say I've been doing a lot of clean up today haha

WUNIDS_map - 2021-03-06T142752.863.gif

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, CNY_WX said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486cimageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486cimageproxy.php?img=&key=4c6452e0fc83486cSnowing pretty hard right now with big flakes. Bare ground is starting to get covered. 

We picked up a few inches from it today. Probably 3 to 4 inches (1.5 to 2 inches this morning...then a break...and then another 2 inches this afternoon).

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

We picked up a few inches from it today. Probably 3 to 4 inches (1.5 to 2 inches this morning...then a break...and then another 2 inches this afternoon).

Right in time for spring!!! Yep that’s the big middle finger from mother nature

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Right in time for spring!!! Yep that’s the big middle finger from mother nature

It seemed like we had more winter March through May last year than we did during WINTER as well! Haha... Oh, Syracuse.

• Like 1

I love seeing snow falling but knowing it’s going to be almost 60 on Wednesday takes some of the luster off it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

It seemed like we had more winter March through May last year than we did during WINTER as well! Haha... Oh, Syracuse.

Par for the course around here. It will still feel like early spring in mid May  then suddenly it’s 90. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Back from Rochester...just flurries there last night and thru this afternoon. Sorta confused why its snowing here now. But then, yeah its March...why not.

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Back from Rochester...just flurries there last night and thru this afternoon. Sorta confused why its snowing here now. But then, yeah its March...why not.

Looks like we are on the southern fringe of a band setting up...looks like it will move south but wouldn’t mind a nice stall over us.  Nice sight on a Saturday evening while nursing a hangover.

• Haha 1

Read an article last night regarding how bad the Oswego area has been doing snow wise..So I checked myself and they weren't kidding lol So far this year they have 59", last year? 49" lol So yeah it could be worse.. This is with 100% reporting (no missing days)..For an area that usually averages 20"-30" more than the syracuse region..

Main culprit according to the Oswego spotter is winds out of the WNW/NW and not as much out of the west over the past couple seasons, obviously lack of cold hasn't helped the situation lol

• Like 1

Goes to show you how short people's memories are lol I'm always hearing complaining about"west" but in reality it's been mostly NW flow all year..

31 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Read an article last night regarding how bad the Oswego area has been doing snow wise..So I checked myself and they weren't kidding lol So far this year they have 59", last year? 49" lol So yeah it could be worse.. This is with 100% reporting (no missing days)..For an area that usually averages 20"-30" more than the syracuse region..

Main culprit according to the Oswego spotter is winds out of the WNW/NW and not as much out of the west over the past couple seasons, obviously lack of cold hasn't helped the situation lol

29 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Goes to show you how short people's memories are lol I'm always hearing complaining about"west" but in reality it's been mostly NW flow all year..

My colleagues who live in Oswego said that they don't seem to get much more than here. In fact, they said they feel like we get more here than they do! Being right along the lakeshore can really hurt their snow totals with things "jumping" over them. Of course, those tea kettle snows and Westerly bands that hug the shore are we they can cash in.

Snowing heavily still, with what looks like a solid band forming over us (don't think it will last long.)

I'm a bit surprised at how well we've made out today. The snowflakes have been excellent dendrites that accumulate quickly.

I honestly think we might make it to at least 6 inches on the day.

14 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

My colleagues who live in Oswego said that they don't seem to get much more than here. In fact, they said they feel like we get more here than they do! Being right along the lakeshore can really hurt their snow totals with things "jumping" over them. Of course, those tea kettle snows and Westerly bands that hug the shore are we they can cash in.

Yeah the last couple years but the 30 year avg is 141" and the previous 30year average was 150"..

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Yeah the last couple years but the 30 year avg is 141" and the previous 30year average is 150"..

141 really is only like 5 to 10 inches more than N. Onondaga county. Then you've got that little jackpot zone of Fulton and Volney in between.

37 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Snowing heavily still, with what looks like a solid band forming over us (don't think it will last long.)

I'm a bit surprised at how well we've made out today. The snowflakes have been excellent dendrites that accumulate quickly.

I honestly think we might make it to at least 6 inches on the day.

It's a mess on roads now.  About 3" IMBY. Not much fell during day while I was gone.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

It's a mess on roads now.  About 3" IMBY. Not much fell during day while I was gone.

We had about 2 inches this morning...some of it melted around noon when we had a break.

I work in a building with ALL women...who, naturally...hate cold and snow. lol... They won't be too happy if this upcoming week is the only taste of Spring for several more weeks. I'll get death glares because I'm the resident snow hound. haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

image.png.56e6a584edd29444ea7cab47f4f50122.png

Syracuse picked up another 1.9 inches after 5 PM so their seasonal total is at 68.8 inches. I picked up 2.8 inches yesterday so my seasonal total is at 79.4 inches.