Total Members
    Most Online
    zurn
    Newest Member
    zurn

February 17-18th Winter Storm Thread.

10 minutes ago, John1122 said:

giphy.gif

That's what happened here before it switched to frz rain. Hopefully it won't for you. I just saw where Cookeville had went to huge flakes and then rain as well. If only we were all 5 degrees colder

Just now, Shocker0 said:

That's what happened here before it switched to frz rain. Hopefully it won't for you. I just saw where Cookeville had went to huge flakes and then rain as well. If only we were all 5 degrees colder

Its changing to sleet, but I couldn't be happier. This was a 40 degree rain 4 or 5 days ago. 

• Like 1

Just now, John1122 said:

4 inches down so far. Sleet is mixing in though. So I'm probably close to the end. Impressive thumping. 4 inches in roughly 3 hours. 

Definitely was (and still is...just wrong ptype) pumping it down fast. Would've been a cool one to see in the daylight. TWC shows Monterey randomly going back to snow at 3-4AM before it ends (light amounts). We are still 31 here but Crossville is reporting 32 and freezing rain.

Just now, John1122 said:

Its changing to sleet, but I couldn't be happier. This was a 40 degree rain 4 or 5 days ago. 

Yeah exactly, me too. I think on Sunday our high was showing 46 here for today with an inch of rain. We have been on the good side of the "busts" this year for sure.

1 minute ago, John1122 said:

Up to 31 with wet chunks of ice and melted flakes falling. 

That's probably a better description of what's been falling here. Definitely a lot of freezing rain as well. There's almost no ice on the trees surprisingly though.