Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 17-18th Winter Storm Thread.

John1122

33 minutes ago, John1122 said:

I would honestly not pay much attention to TWC in situations like this.  Future radar has been showing rain over the south end of the count for the last hour. It's not close to happening once verification hits. 

On second thought...they may be right. We are under the heaviest band of the night and it has switched to freezing rain here. Still 30°. We had 4" before the switch. I figure now that it's switched it probably won't go back to snow.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, bluegrassweather71 said:

Hoping we can bust on forecasted high temperatures tomorrow. I’d like to keep a decent snow pack until the big thaw that starts on Sunday 

Alot of ice was around today, alot of snow and ice will be around tomorrow. Forecasted highs tomorrow were only like 33-34? They missed big on highs today here.

2 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

On second thought...they may be right. We are under the heaviest band of the night and it has switched to freezing rain here. Still 30°. We had 4" before the switch. I figure now that it's switched it probably won't go back to snow.

Well shoot. That stinks. It will definitely have a hard time switching back. Freezing rain into several inches of snow sounds awful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker0 said:

Just switched over to rain here as well, right as the temp fell to 32.1

• Thanks 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic