Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 18-19 Event

hazwoper

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

City is close to trouble this run. Going the wrong way at this range.

NAM is racing the sleet line .. it’s the only model depicting it moving like this. But it’s now within range to be taken seriously ... living in the edge. Philly gets into some heavy precip could really boom or bust here. 

Just now, Snowcane21 said:

NAM is racing the sleet line .. it’s the only model depicting it moving like this. But it’s now within range to be taken seriously ... living in the edge. Philly gets into some heavy precip could really boom or bust here. 

Perhaps living on the edge, but Philly ends up better in the end.  It’s a good run all things considered 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Snowcane21 said:

The NAM usually nails the warm tongue and rush to mixing/sleet almost every time and just like this it is often lacking strong support yet verifies while most state it is an outlier. The NAM is credible.

4 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

The NAM usually nails the warm tongue and rush to mixing/sleet almost every time and just like this it is often lacking strong support yet verifies while most state it is an outlier. The NAM is credible.

Remember December the warm levels were under forecast severely. Sounds like trouble for the MA crew on latest observations.

• Like 1

Just now, RedSky said:

Remember December the warm levels were under forecast severely. Sounds like trouble for the MA crew on latest observations.

Yep. I do see the 3k came in slightly warmer and sleetier in the city itself but colder just to the NW with the sleet line not making it as far N and W past few runs. That's a good sign for NW folks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoolHandMike said:

Is it me or is the actual precip running 4-5 hours ahead of the NAM 0Z? Looking at Nexrad it appears that precip has already spread across central PA (most likely virga I'm guessing) whereas the NAM shows the precip just crossing into western PA around 11PM... Maybe I'm just looking at it wrong though.

It’s snowing in Hazleton

3 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Appears all systems going as planned:

Temp: Hanging between 23-24F

DP: 12F (so temps will drop w/steady/heavy precip)

Radar filling in and some good echoes moving up...thinking 4-5am we'll see some flakes depending on virga.

See what NWS thinks/update is posted within an hour or so...

ne.jpg

Hrrr is warm with much sleet. Looks like we manage a couple inches before the flip verbatim. Dont like seeing the mesos reducing snow and increasing sleet but it is what it is. 

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Hrrr is warm with much sleet. Looks like we manage a couple inches before the flip verbatim. Dont like seeing the mesos reducing snow and increasing sleet but it is what it is. 

My expectations were/are snow 4+" then sleet and such which is fine. But a quick flip would piss me off...

25F

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

10 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

My expectations were/are snow 4+" then sleet and such which is fine. But a quick flip would piss me off...

25F

Oddly the mesos show sleet under the heaviest banding. Opposite of what we are used to and a red flag imho. I have us at 3-4" also before the flip. Not buying the long duration impact. After the thump and flip looks showery and I doubt much more accumulates with those lighter rates during the daytime. My heart sides with @The Iceman looking at the gulf of Mexico feed and hoping for an overperformer. But my gut and experience says this is going to disappoint many who are expecting 6"+ which will probably be localized to the West.