Total Members
    Most Online
    nyrangers1022
    Newest Member
    nyrangers1022

Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

20 minutes ago, pawatch said:

We have 8" of snow pack left.

Here is a picture of the river on February 6. 

image.jpeg

Current view. Bout 6ish” here. Did better than expected. 46 here. Kids may b Taking sleds out tonight. 

7AF3C452-4B4B-4931-8298-F32DFCAA98CE.jpeg

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Most likely wrong but the 18Z GFS has the PV nip us a week from now.  MDT single digits? 

When parsing over Ens run this am showed something similar. It was a brief visit but it was there. 

@losetoa6, I saw your post on the MA Banter thread saying you had not hit 50 since Dec 1.  I thought I remembered Christmas being warm this year?   Is my memory off?  The MDT climate page shows it getting to 66 Christmas Eve 2020.  I have had a extraordinarily busy winter season but when I saw the below I thought my memory was right for once.  :-) 

image.png.691c52726cdba0b4deb5aa929f1ed5b6.png

[mention=524]Bubbler86[/mention] I didn't respond to you earlier about the Christmas warmth. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember it...and I remember all of that kind of stuff. I must really be getting old. LOL.

It torched Christmas Eve with rain that washed away our leftover snow. Then it got bitterly cold on Christmas Day and we had some flurries/snow showers.
  • Thanks 1

Just now, anotherman said:

It torched Christmas Eve with rain that washed away our leftover snow. Then it got bitterly cold on Christmas Day and we had some flurries/snow showers.

Ah...so it might have been one of those 12:01am highs? I do remember taking my wife out Christmas eve in the rain to look at lights. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Bubbler86 I didn't respond to you earlier about the Christmas warmth. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember it...and I remember all of that kind of stuff. I must really be getting old. LOL.

That's ok Mike.  I could be way off but when I saw Loseto6's post on MA I thought I wanted to get to the bottom of this :-).  So I am starting to doubt myself.  LOL.  

6 minutes ago, anotherman said:

Interesting.  I remember it being warm one of those days and seeing a 70 degree high here so that makes sense.   

1 hour ago, anotherman said:

Yes, I had a couple of festive Christmas snow showers on Christmas Day that gave me a light coating.
I think MDT even recorded .2 or .3 of snow on Christmas Day! Another good chapter to our very nice Winter so far.

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Bubbler86 I didn't respond to you earlier about the Christmas warmth. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't remember it...and I remember all of that kind of stuff. I must really be getting old. LOL.

Lol... I know what you mean... the years fly by!

I’m surprised that you don’t remember running your A/C on Christmas Eve... I almost considered it at my place!

5 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

In life it's a lot easier to be content when things are going well. I mean...at the end of the day, it's only snow. But to snow weenies like us, it's a big deal. The DC area has been royally screwed for the past FEW years. I'm sure our mood would be a little different if we were going through what they are. Just saying. 

Remember the mood in here last year...My nightmares have almost stopped!

Hopefully we never go through that kind of year anytime soon!

11 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Yes... I think you started it... It has brought us great luck this February!

Let’s keep the snow train on the right track!

I love those storm names.  A bow to Elliot Abrams.  Now let's get us a Texas Panhandler. 

44 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol... I know what you mean... the years fly by!

I’m surprised that you don’t remember running your A/C on Christmas Eve... I almost considered it at my place!

Yes, remember it well now. I haven't had the air conditioning on since...

Maybe tomorrow? I think if we have full sun some of us take a run at 60.

4 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

We need an appetizer before the grand feast blizzard in a couple  of weeks.

We might have a chance at an appetizer event Friday night into early Saturday.

The 18z RGEM is looking tasty at the end of the run for maybe an inch or two of snow.

This model is on a good run...maybe it keeps it going ?

41987185-1DB1-46C8-9F3F-A8ED5CBEBAC3.png

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

mid 50's should feel really nice tomorrow after the weeks of slightly below average temperatures. im ready for spring. maybe if we can get a huge snowstorm i'll be all in but im done with all the mini events lol

Yup it’s go big or go home time. Playing with house money, it’s been great winter, so I’m okay with spring coming.