Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021 Part 2

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

All this talk of ice and frozen lakes and whatnot, I just wanted to throw out there that my buddies and I were playing cornhole on the middle of a frozen lake in the Poconos this past weekend.  The ice was at least a foot thick with nearly a foot of snow laying on top of it.  It was an F'ing awesome experience.

That is awesome. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

The "winters over gang" on the MA is not happy with the prospects of some sloppy snow

LOL's.  Are they EVER really happy??  Some people just like to be Debbies or Eyores

Its been great to not have to be "down there" chatting this year.  ( i'm sure any from the MA forum that read this will troll the hell outta me next time I "pop in".  hehe)

6 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

LOL's.  Are they EVER really happy??  Some people just like to be Debbies or Eyores

Its been great to not have to be "down there" chatting this year.  ( i'm sure any from the MA forum that read this will troll the hell outta me next time I "pop in".  hehe)

Yep, Dwight Schrute Syndrome. Does not matter what you say there is always a come back for some. 

9 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

I'm just over there for any maps I cannot get and some, very little, thoughts and perspectives on what could happen. I never comment. 

17 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

Don't make me go into JI MODE if we don't get SN+ Friday night. 

• Haha 1

In life it's a lot easier to be content when things are going well. I mean...at the end of the day, it's only snow. But to snow weenies like us, it's a big deal. The DC area has been royally screwed for the past FEW years. I'm sure our mood would be a little different if we were going through what they are. Just saying. 

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

In life it's a lot easier to be content when things are going well. I mean...at the end of the day, it's only snow. But to snow weenies like us, it's a big deal. The DC area has been royally screwed for the past FEW years. I'm sure our mood would be a little different if we were going through what they are. Just saying. 

It is incredible the snow drought they are in. I know there has been many times through the many years I would watch DC get hammered and me get nothing to an inch. It would drive me so crazy and that is what it is doing to them right now in DC proper near subs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

It is incredible the snow drought they are in. I know there has been many times through the many years I would watch DC get hammered and me get nothing to an inch. It would drive me so crazy and that is what it is doing to them right now in DC proper near subs. 

Yep - I honestly feel badly for them. DC will never be mistaken for the Swiss Alps, but it's hard to duplicate what's happened the past 2 years specifically. And to think that less than 50 miles north of the metro, Hoffman is over 50" and counting...

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Voyager and myself find it entertaining to watch trains on live cams...

Its funny but there seems to be something most like to watch out of Planes, Trains or Automobiles (not the movie).  I find commercial planes more fascinating.  Reminds of those hilarious Dr. Rick Progressive commercials about  protecting you from becoming your parents...the one guy reading a book on submarines and Dr. Rick asks "Who else likes to read about Submarines"? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Its funny but there seems to be something most like to watch out of Planes, Trains or Automobiles (not the movie).  I find commercial planes more fascinating.  Reminds of those hilarious Dr. Rick Progressive commercials about  protecting you from becoming your parents...the one guy reading a book on submarines and Dr. Rick asks "Who else likes to read about Submarines"? 

I was in St. Maarten years ago and made it a point to go to Maho Beach to watch the jets coming in. If you're (anyone) not familiar with this phenomena, go to Youtube and type in "Maho Beach jet landing". As crazy as it looks on video, it's something else to experience...

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was in St. Maarten years ago and made it a point to go to Maho Beach to watch the jets coming in. If you're (anyone) not familiar with this phenomena, go to Youtube and type in "Maho Beach jet landing". As crazy as it looks on video, it's something else to experience...

I have seen it in videos and it would almost freak me out.  I get into that mode of "wouldn't it be my luck for one to come up short when I am here".  It does look amazing. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It was way more fun when KLM was flying 747s in there. ^_^

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I have seen it in videos and it would almost freak me out.  I get into that mode of "wouldn't it be my luck for one to come up short when I am here".  It does look amazing. 

LOL, that was on my mind until I was actually there. By that point, my wife was calling me many not so repeatable names for subjecting our kids (our daughters were 7 and 8 at the time) to the noise and commotion. My youngest daughter was absolutely terrified. I felt horrible about it at least for a few minutes. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

LOL, that was on my mind until I was actually there. By that point, my wife was calling me many not so repeatable names for subjecting our kids (our daughters were 7 and 8 at the time) to the noise and commotion. My youngest daughter was absolutely terrified. I felt horrible about it at least for a few minutes. 

Yea, once the jumbo jet flew over me I would realize it is not rational but for moments lead it up to it may include some It's too low hallucinations. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, once the jumbo jet flew over me I would realize it is not rational but for moments lead it up to it may include some It's too low hallucinations. 

I built WITF's website and was there for about a year and a half in 2010/11. (Great job, great people - support local public media!) Anywho the building is on the flight path into MDT and up on a hill with an all glass facade. Watching Air Force One do touch and gos all day always made it look like we'd have skid marks on the roof. 

• Like 1