Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

2 hours ago, Thinksnow18 said:

6z GFS has the sequel to the Valentines Day massacre

I’m not going to nitpick at this early stage but that track would be pretty bad for all of us. Not sure what it is about the models wanting to do storms 10 days out that are wrapped in cold and snow on the SE sector. It just would never happen. But something to watch for sure!
image.thumb.png.886b4ea5c87b3a0b542252d208227316.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I’m not going to nitpick at this early stage but that track would be pretty bad for all of us. Not sure what it is about the models wanting to do storms 10 days out that are wrapped in cold and snow on the SE sector. It just would never happen. But something to watch for sure!

Agree 100%.  That track would be problematic to remain all snow for most of us. I haven't looked closely at what the various models have a week from now as I've been more interested in how many strike outs Ol' Man Winter is going to get against us here prior to that. I'm hoping to at least foul tip a few... ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TugHillMatt said:

Nada here as well. @wolfie09, you are right...the Rgem is the best model for lake effect snow. How did you guys do up there in Oswego county? I have a couple colleagues who live in Oswego and as soon as I pulled in the parking lot I knew they had lots by the snow on their cars...lol. They said they got a foot overnight.

Hopefully we can get a good WNW/NW flow after the system tomorrow.

Have a good day, weather friends.

Yeah not that much lol

Most of our snow fell with the early band right after the CF..(about 3"-4")..Most of the stuff overnight missed me to the south as it looks like an inch or so on the car.. Snowing pretty good right now as this band still hanging around..

Looks like a sharp cutoff as SW Oswego picked up 4"..

Oswego County...
New Haven                    12.0 in   0630 AM 02/08   Public
4 WNW New Haven              10.0 in   0922 AM 02/08   Public
2 SW Mexico                  9.5 in    0700 AM 02/08   CO-OP Observer
4 WSW New Haven              8.0 in    0900 AM 02/08   Public
2 WSW Oswego                 4.1 in    0630 AM 02/08   CO-OP Observer
Lacona 3.6 SSE               3.3 in    0600 AM 02/08   COCORAHS

I got briefly into the southern edge of the band while it was disorganized last night. Measured 0.2 this morning in other words a super dusting, lol. Drove down 81 this morning and less than 2 miles south the road was dry so I assume that was the cutoff for any snow. 

6 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Next 2 waves get squashed with more snow down in the Mid-Atlantic..VD2 is the next "potential" but it looked like that for Friday at one point to lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25 (4).png

Well at least it looks more plausible than the 6z. That one was wonky with the primary stating around too long with no secondary on the coast yet a huge precip shield...at least this run shows a transfer to the coast and a trough back west for a good looking Miller B

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Next 2 waves get squashed with more snow down in the Mid-Atlantic..VD2 is the next "potential" but it looked like that for Friday at one point to lol

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_25 (4).png

To be clear...IF this were to materialize, i think it would be VD3.0.  The original was quite a ways back (80s/90s) and VD2.0 was about 10 years ago?  I was living here for VD2.0 and it was a solid 2-3 day event with the wraparound/enhancement  about as solid as the fully synoptic front end. About 20-22" here IIRC.

• Thanks 1