• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

3 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Looks like I'm about to enter a break from our heavy flurries.

Looking west over Lake Ontario, it looks like the bands are starting to set up on a WSW flow. Not looking good for the Cuse weenie zone today.

Yeah, that won't last long as a secondary CF is gonna cross the area this evening which in turn should veer the winds further to the WNW-NW or even West so we'll see but its defintely not gonna stay WSW.

WNY got 2-4" out of this CF meanwhile we cant squeeze an inch out of it, go figure, but I bet Utica picks up 3-5" easy! Its all NUTS if ya ask me.

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Yeah, that won't last long as a secondary CF is gonna cross the area this evening which in turn should veer the winds further to the WNW-NW or even West so we'll see but its defintely not gonna stay WSW.

WNY got 2-4" out of this CF meanwhile we cant squeeze an inch out of it, go figure, but I bet Utica picks up 3-5" easy! Its all NUTS if ya ask me.

I know our western NY friends remind me often how "Syracuse is the snowiest city of its size" in the U.S., but I'm not sure they are aware of how horrible it has been. When CNY, a positive poster, starts posting cynical posts about our ability to get snow in a winter season, you know it's been bad. Our friends to the west have been getting snow the past couple days while we've looked at sunshine and a melting snowpack. We had hopes to freshen it up today...but that's looking questionable at this point.

22 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I know our western NY friends remind me often how "Syracuse is the snowiest city of its size" in the U.S., but I'm not sure they are aware of how horrible it has been. When CNY, a positive poster, starts posting cynical posts about our ability to get snow in a winter season, you know it's been bad. Our friends to the west have been getting snow the past couple days while we've looked at sunshine and a melting snowpack. We had hopes to freshen it up today...but that's looking questionable at this point.

How much snow you got on the ground Matt?

3 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

How much snow you got on the ground Matt?

Not much more than you, Dave....10 inches? It's hard to give an average because the snow drifted, so it's actually pretty thin in some areas. Just because we have a "decent" snowpack now doesn't reflect the winter as a whole. It's pretty clear that we here in CNY have had a disappointing winter...and it's not just me bumming about it. Up until a week and a half ago, we had yet to get over a 6 inch snow depth.

This winter, for here, has consisted of very little snow falling. What we have gotten has been several hour bursts of snow that drops a couple inches and then days and days....sometimes weeks...of nothing. Plus, it starts melting the next day after it snows. We probably lost half of what we had over the past 3 days because it got much warmer than it was supposed to. That's just a "meh" winter.

I am still enjoying what we get...it's just been very lackluster.