• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

That band is expected to be on the lighter side, guess we'll see.. Snow starting to pick up some, now getting light snow lol

Cold westerly flow will allow a few light snow showers to
linger across the western Southern Tier and Tug Hill following the
general snowfall, but this will be very light through the daytime
hours.

Interesting as I didn't notice that snipit about the westerly flow behind the CF/AF so props to KBUF for once, lol.

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Winds upstream downwind of Georgian Bay are definitely W-WNW but that doesn't necessarily mean the flow will be that when they get here as I'm starting to think that just to my North is where the band is going to sit before it drops further South tomorrow so we'll see.

I think you're definitely in the game.

1 minute ago, TugHillMatt said:

I wish somebody did some research of the Northern Onondaga county area on dry air pockets because the amount of virga this area receives is uncanny. I love the reassurance from fellow posters that "this isn't normal" but for the past two winters, it's happened time and time again. I just don't get it.

i'm in the same boat buddy and just as frustrated, trust!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

I wish somebody did some research of the Northern Onondaga county area on dry air pockets because the amount of virga this area receives is uncanny. I love the reassurance from fellow posters that "this isn't normal" but for the past two winters, it's happened time and time again. I just don't get it.

Maybe 100 years of records are wrong and Syracuse isn’t the snow capital of the US. Just for perspective, I’ve got 6- 7” of pack in Irondequoit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Maybe 100 years of records are wrong and Syracuse isn’t the snow capital of the US. Just for perspective, I’ve got 6- 7” of pack in Irondequoit. 

It surely hasn't impressed me in my time here. Perhaps Baldwinsville is that much worse than Syracuse. I wouldn't think so. Perhaps the records consist of 50 inch NW flow storms and that offsets it with a bunch of dustings and 1 inchers the rest of the winter.