George BM

February Banter 2021

16 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Is Jebwalking in pouring sleet even a thing? Seems miserable to me

Back in 94 I was outside the whole day in heavy sleet.  It was a real erie day with the only sound heard  was sleet pelting everything.  It sleeted so hard for so long  I thought for sure I'd get a foot in sleet lol :lmao:

Got between 5-6"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

DT doesn't know D.C. climo well.  It's pretty clear.

He probably plotted the H in the wrong spot

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, H2O said:

Unpopular opinion but lemon starburst are good

Page 128. You’re welcome.

I have watched these threads with fascination and finally caved and created an account. This is a field I know nothing about, but involves snow, which I love. I moved away from Baltimore for 13 years, missed all the great snow storms and seems I moved back during the 6-7 year lull, and have watched wave after disappointing wave drop virtually nothing. So, give a complete idiot some guidance: at what point should I actually get excited? 6 hours out? 12? Sleep until the Governor declares a State of Emergency?

1 minute ago, DeeDeeHCue said:

I have watched these threads with fascination and finally caved and created an account. This is a field I know nothing about, but involves snow, which I love. I moved away from Baltimore for 13 years, missed all the great snow storms and seems I moved back during the 6-7 year lull, and have watched wave after disappointing wave drop virtually nothing. So, give a complete idiot some guidance: at what point should I actually get excited? 6 hours out? 12? Sleep until the Governor declares a State of Emergency?

Welcome!  If we can keep things looking good through 12z tomorrow, that’ll get over the hump of the last few busts at least.  

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DeeDeeHCue said:

If you go into the storm thread and see a user named "Ji" excited about a snow map then it is your time to get excited

18 minutes ago, FXW176 said:

Page 128. You’re welcome.

Well that solved a mystery. Was getting some strange looks from the fam 

And that storm thread. From what I can tell the storm sucks everywhere and there will be a dead zone thru DC. Sounds right. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

The lowering trend for D.C. has begun.

Since you posted this, the HRRR got snowier, the SREFs got snowier, the 12k NAM got snowier/colder, and the 3k NAM will likely follow. I know you're banking on us to fail. We fail a lot, and probably will still manage to fail. We're good at that, but that's the thing. You can say that we will fail 48 hours before every event and you will likely end up right most of the time, but that's because of the climo we have to deal with! It's kind of what Judah Cohen and JB do, only in reverse and with less analysis/backing. Kind of pure modelology actually. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Since you posted this, the HRRR got snowier, the SREFs got snowier, the 12k NAM got snowier/colder, and the 3k NAM will likely follow. I know you're banking on us to fail. We fail a lot, and probably will still manage to fail. We're good at that, but that's the thing. You can say that we will fail 48 hours before every event and you will likely end up right most of the time, but that's because of the climo we have to deal with! It's kind of what Judah Cohen and JB do, only in reverse and with less analysis/backing. Kind of pure modelology actually. 

Forget it, he’s rolling

6479B6FC-8EEF-43FC-BCF4-3611D706A2B6.thumb.jpeg.0374bdc0b22748f56d362ca6d5ad28db.jpeg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

He’s a turd floating in a dumpster fire full of sewer water. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

NW folks...it’s okay.  We can be ok with less QPF because we will score with orographic lift, banding, and better ratios.  

Oh and the top of the hill adds another 3” in every storm.

Did I say we’d be okay?  I meant me.  

Which of your pent houses will you be at for the storm ?

• Haha 1

Just now, H2O said:

Suck it Pens

Caps looked great! Finally!! Imagine when our stars actually decide to play too. 

• Like 2