• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Watching closely .. February 1-3rd for moderate to major coastal event

Typhoon Tip

OT but how often does one encounter snow cover wire to wire Chicago tot Boston?  Deepest north of Chicago, where we stayed last night in Erie, and visiting my mother’s grave near the lake north of Rochester-where it snowed hard in bands.

I’m pretty optimistic about the incoming.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm glad we are getting this arctic plunge, even though it departs ahead of the event....flushing out that marine layer with an arctic plunger is never a bad thing on the eve of a big easterly firehose.

If it rains, I'll be able to look back fondly on how bitterly cold it was?

50 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I would trade the deformation for a stronger hose....just ram the ocean in here, and I'll take my chances here near the NH border in early FEB.

Yeah, I would be quite happy with you getting 12"+ and me 8' but I need deform at my lat/long to make that happen.   I think this one is going to be be big away from the coast, unless we see it shredding or blows it's load to far south and doesn't recover in time. 

I'm starting to lean hugger despite my skepticism earlier today and wished I had held my hugger position from a day or two ago.

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I would be quite happy with you getting 12"+ and me 8' but I need deform at my lat/long to make that happen.   I think this one is going to be be big away from the coast, unless we see it shredding or blows it's load to far south and doesn't recover in time. 

I'm starting to lean hugger despite my skepticism earlier today and wished I had held my hugger position from a day or two ago.

It’s headed that way. Starting to look more like a CNE/NNE storm if trends continue. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Run was worse than I thought....with those precip rates, I would have though -2 to -3C 925 would have been good enough.

IDK, I'll take my chances with that, I think we'd do better than that. I think it overdoing the warmth.

Screen Shot 2021-01-30 at 1.30.08 AM.png

Definitely overdoing the warmth..I’m close to -3 at 925 here, I think that is snow here imo. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Definitely overdoing the warmth..I’m close to -3 at 925 here, I think that is snow here imo. 

I'm going to sell that model run. Its overdoing the warmth IMO....weird. The precip algorithms make sense....they should be getting hardly precip type, issues, over an inch of QPF, yet like 8" of snow...makes zero sense.