• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Storm Term Threat Discussions (Day 3 - Day 7)

WxUSAF

CMC has an even more aggressive cold push in front of the storm.   But it also amplifies the primary a little too much and so the transfer happens a little slower and further north...Not the improvement I wanted to see but not a bad run either.  
0-2 tonight. Light snow isn't what we waited months for

@Ji look at the h5...I actually like this CMC run better then 12z.  The h5 tracked further south and more amplified...it was closer to a BIG storm for us imo just had the primary hold on slightly too long...but given the seasonal trend I would go against an over amplified primary into the ohio valley.  The rest of the run was better...better h5 track, better cold press in front.  

• Like 2

[mention=514]Ji[/mention] look at the h5...I actually like this CMC run better then 12z.  The h5 tracked further south and more amplified...it was closer to a BIG storm for us imo just had the primary hold on slightly too long...but given the seasonal trend I would go against an over amplified primary into the ohio valley.  The rest of the run was better...better h5 track, better cold press in front.  
Yea man...I'm not buying these 995 primary nw of us...I'm willing to sacrifice the waa snow Sunday for a much bigger chance Monday

1 minute ago, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:
[mention=514]Ji[/mention] look at the h5...I actually like this CMC run better then 12z.  The h5 tracked further south and more amplified...it was closer to a BIG storm for us imo just had the primary hold on slightly too long...but given the seasonal trend I would go against an over amplified primary into the ohio valley.  The rest of the run was better...better h5 track, better cold press in front.  

Yea man...I'm not buying these 995 primary nw of us...I'm willing to sacrifice the waa snow Sunday for a much bigger chance Monday

Check out the changes at h5.
DB1B334E-9A68-4176-A882-2119D4423BF6.gif.2af65287fec106d1df5e9fc4c16b6eca.gif

CE106A82-386E-4920-8866-654AF0B55316.gif.abb6fc777eebb1827ad4b199341aafdc.gif

This was a better run imo if we want to get the big coastal option. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

00z UKIE at 120 has 1000mb SLP in S MO... at 144 1005mb SLP in C KY... def transfer ongoing 

Strong CAD shows up on tonights run too from 132 to 144... 25 to 30 degrees

Ukie looks better than the GFS or CMC.  Would love if it went out to 192hrs.   Probably destroys DC to Boston.

1 minute ago, yoda said:

Well this is what h5 looks like at 144

500hv.conus.thumb.png.76780f013b2876861a1f3260b0248259.png

Ehh...what's it got going on over New England???  That is a bit too much...  Love the h5 low placement but hard to see the coastal really amplifying much with that sitting on top of it.  It would be CLOSE to something bigger but I dunno with that there.  But were worrying about details too much for 144 hours.  Not a bad thing to have something a little south when the other 3 globals were all a little north so far.  

Just now, yoda said:

It hasn't fully formed yet

just saw your surface map....  that is pretty textbook if it were not for that vortex over Maine I would say its bob chill face worthy...but that complicates things.  Could squash the secondary development due east...we need it to gain a little latitude from where its at 144...not a lot but ideally we want it to move NE from there to off the delmarva then east.  It might move due east under that vortex in NE  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

just saw your surface map....  that is pretty textbook if it were not for that vortex over Maine I would say its bob chill face worthy...but that complicates things.  Could squash the secondary development due east...we need it to gain a little latitude from where its at 144...not a lot but ideally we want it to move NE from there to off the delmarva then east.  It might move due east under that vortex in NE  

You are forgetting the perfectly timed NS system over the Dakotas.   That's going to yank it back into the coast and create a stalemate tug of war.   Probably crawls from VA to ME over the following 48hrs.

• Like 1

Just now, Amped said:

You are forgetting the perfectly timed NS system over the Dakotas.   That's going to yank it back into the coast and create a stalemate tug of war.   Probably crawls from VA to ME over the following 48hrs.

I said its complicated not it wont work.  I see that option...I also could see that "capture" missing and the storm slides out.  Both are possible permutations.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

We know how this will end (see the 1/28 system at 144 hrs out). Like watching the same thing. Deja vu

This one is coming across at a higher latitude...the blocking is relaxing... I do think there is a limit to how far south this gets suppressed...but if you told me we get no snow from this wave...I guess gun to my head...it gets squashed is still the bigger risk vs it cuts enough to be all rain.