• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    McTrimm
    Newest Member
    McTrimm

January Long Range Disco Thread

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Are you and I the only ones who think this has a shot? The changes on the gfs were significant

Probably not.. plenty of people who remain silent lol. Honestly I think DC and esp S.Md ,eastern shore definitely still in play . Even in mby there's a sliver of hope.  Timing has slowed.  It's a early Sat system on much guidance.  We need positive changes to continue tomorrow though . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

Probably not.. plenty of people who remain silent lol. Honestly I think DC and esp S.Md ,eastern shore definitely still in play . Even in mby there's a sliver of hope.  Timing has slowed.  It's a early Sat system on much guidance.  We need positive changes to continue tomorrow though . 

We need that southern energy to slow down a little, amp a little more, get the whirlpool in the ne to lift out just a tad and the hammer to keep weakening. Get those, I know it’s a lot, and this could come up. You can see it wants to but when it hits that confluence it just goes. It also weakens. 

5 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

We need that southern energy to slow down a little, amp a little more, get the whirlpool in the ne to lift out just a tad and the hammer to keep weakening. Get those, I know it’s a lot, and this could come up. You can see it wants to but when it hits that confluence it just goes. It also weakens. 

I tend to agree with the slower the better and more amped with the ull energy. Would help it gain a bit more  latitude before transfer possibly. Would Love to see the hammer keep moving north  on future runs :weenie:

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

Wait- this isn't a great look?

gfs_z500a_us_18.png

I see bo...

40 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yay another fukkin snow map!

hush you, don’t ruin my digital snow.

I thought the NAM actually looked promising early on.  ULL further north, less confluence and appeared to be a north shift. Then it just gets its face shoved in the sand by the vort coming down from the north.  Cant wait until we can extrapolate for the 1/11 threat.

You guys prepared to lose 17 inches of
European modeled digital snow tonight?

• Haha 2

Looks like 00z HFS is trying to phase somewhat at h5 at 126?

Please stop. It’s looks worse than the 18z which was horrible

The gfs has no storm. Euro will lose again because when it’s the only model with snow....were doomed

• Like 1

Does this mean you are staying up for the most important Euro run of the year?

No. We already know what’s going to happen

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jaydreb said:

The “storm” gets suppressed all the way to Cuba on the GFS.  

Was it last week when there were 4 straight pages of posts complaining there’s no cold around with these stormy looks? Lol 

I’m with PSU in that our window will come when the blocking relaxes...15th-20th.  

• Like 1

Well then omniscient yourself out of the thread then

I have to make sure you don’t give bad analysis

Verbatim GFS is more interested in NS vorts diving down as clippers next week...if one is robust enough to get moisture past the mountains, it could be a discrete threat that pops up in the short/medium range.

Verbatim GFS is more interested in NS vorts diving down as clippers next week...if one is robust enough to get moisture past the mountains, it could be a discrete threat that pops up in the short/medium range.

Nothing worse than a Nina behaving like a nina

Canadian bring snow to about EZF late this week.
image.thumb.png.fb907e8c28115314d9d28cb6f9321cc0.png
But wants no part of the Monday/Tuesday possible event next week. Its ok waiting on the ensembles this far out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1