Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Winter 2020/2021

MAG5035

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Yeah I knew with all the great trends we were having we may see some off trends as seems to always be the case. But even the off trends today didn't result in failure. EURO/GFS and even CMC was good if not decent. They have the general idea of what is going to happen now it comes down to placement of the transfer and where it goes. 

I think everyone here in the southern half of PA is still in line for having a shot at 12-18" or more.  

• Like 1

Just now, paweather said:

Yeah I knew with all the great trends we were having we may see some off trends as seems to always be the case. But even the off trends today didn't result in failure. EURO/GFS and even CMC was good if not decent. They have the general idea of what is going to happen now it comes down to placement of the transfer and where it goes. 

Big solutions are such a tease (and likely why NWS puts posts out wrt posting snow maps).  

6-10 has been my gut feeling since yesterday, and if that is a long duration event....im totally down w/ that. 

I'm gonna ride that horse until a better one comes along.....might end up being just a jackass till its over.  We'll find out in a few days.

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

I think everyone here in the southern half of PA is still in line for having a shot at 12-18" or more.  

Man I sure hope so.  Seeing the euro op and cmc ens sure were nice, but all were not in agreement.  Goalposts should narrow by tomorrow night.  6 vs 16" is still a nice place to be in.

• Like 1

Just now, pasnownut said:

Big solutions are such a tease (and likely why NWS puts posts out wrt posting snow maps).  

6-10 has been my gut feeling since yesterday, and if that is a long duration event....im totally down w/ that. 

I'm gonna ride that horse until a better one comes along.....might end up being just a jackass till its over.  We'll find out in a few days.

I like Bubbler 12-18" better! LOL...No, but the models have been pretty consistent on the overall evolution of the storm they are just now trying to figure out the details. 

Agreed. 

I think the Ensembles are leaning SW due to the WAA - most models show only a couple/few inches for me from that, while areas down your way and a bit SW of you might see double that.

I need the coastal to produce. 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Agreed. 

I think the Ensembles are leaning SW due to the WAA - most models show only a couple/few inches for me from that, while areas down your way and a bit SW of you might see double that.

it all comes down the the coastal between 6 or 16. We know the Primary will give us a good thump we will know Sunday night whether it will be a MECS, HECS, or BECS. 

11 minutes ago, paweather said:

I like Bubbler 12-18" better! LOL...No, but the models have been pretty consistent on the overall evolution of the storm they are just now trying to figure out the details. 

Ha.  Mine is not a forecast just saying that between ratios for more northern parts of the south and chances of CCB in farther southern areas, everyone is still in the game. 

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

it all comes down the the coastal between 6 or 16. We know the Primary will give us a good thump we will know Sunday night whether it will be a MECS, HECS, or BECS. 

Sort of...if the coastal misses completely, the Ukie solution is absolutely valid. Even using the Euro, I don't think we see 6" from the WAA part of the event. If the coastal misses, I think 2-4" is a better call east of the river. Let's hope this is a moot point. 

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Agreed. 

Yea, the WAA does phase out in eastern PA.  Similar to what happened a few days ago (to all of us) as we watched that slug of WV moisture never get here.  I think you get coastal or this is a giant failure at this point.  If it goes so far east (is not phased) then there are going to be tears! 

Yea, the WAA does phase out in eastern PA.  Similar to what happened a few days ago (to all of us) as we watched that slug of WV moisture never get here.  I think you get coastal or this is a giant failure at this point.  If it goes so far east (is not phased) then there are going to be tears!

This is what's been on my mind the past few hours. I honestly think it's going to be a bomb or a bust. There could be a middle ground, but I have a feeling it's going to be a few inches or a crap ton here. 

He's still downplaying. Tweeted this 35 minutes ago.
@TOMRUSSELLCBS21
A WINDOW INTO YOUR WEEKEND WEATHER: Very cold weekend ahead! Quiet Saturday but Snow moves in on Sunday. A Few inches of snow before changing to a wintry mix by Sunday evening.

Well, he’s either going to be a hero or be very wrong. No in between.

1 minute ago, daxx said:

If we block out snowfall maps and just look qpf and thermals most of us end up with at least a warning event.  There is going to be a nice jackpot zone.  We just don't know where yet. I think we are getting close to knowing. 

Everyone quickly grabs their calcs and does the math on 17-1 ratios.

• Haha 1