• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Im seriously trying to understand the NWS's dispersment of Warnings and I cant say advisory because they have none posted, lol as their map goes from Warnings to Watches then HWO which makes absolutely no sense but thats just me!

They are waiting.

5 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Ukie, various Canadian, Icon and yes SREFs...and the vaunted JMA!  Truly the "B" Team!

OK so another words if the EURO or the GFS are even close to being correct we get less than 3", lol, but if the NAM, Canadian, UKMET, JMA and every SREF in existance are close to correct, we see over 1/2 a foot. I wish ppl took bets for predicting the weather cause they'd make bank, lol!

Just now, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Im seriously trying to understand the NWS's dispersment of Warnings and I cant say advisory because they have none posted, lol as their map goes from Warnings to Watches then HWO which makes absolutely no sense but thats just me!

Looking at their latest discussion i suspect they are having reservations about expanding any headlines further North based on basically just the 12Z runs, esp when the two A Listers (GFS, Euro) didn't move much qpf north of say, Cortland NY...but there was a general trend.  00Z tonight should firm things up as far as any trends.  And let's face it, 3-6" of snow here is maybe Advisory level.  It's not like this is a life and death situation whether they put up WWA's...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

OK so another words if the EURO or the GFS are even close to being correct we get less than 3", lol, but if the NAM, Canadian, UKMET, JMA and every SREF in existance are close to correct, we see over 1/2 a foot. I wish ppl took bets for predicting the weather cause they'd make bank, lol!

I'm taking the under.  ;)

Just now, Syrmax said:

Looking at their latest discussion i suspect they are having reservations about expanding any headlines further North based on basically just the 12Z runs, esp when the two A Listers (GFS, Euro) didn't move much qpf north of say, Cortland NY...but there was a general trend.  00Z tonight should firm things up as far as any trends.  And let's face it, 3-6" of snow here is maybe Advisory level.  It's not like this is a life and death situation whether they put up WWA's...

I could care less bro, seriously!

Does the Weather Channel have an in house model that they use because there's not one model, that I''ve seen on here anyway, and we've seen em all I think, that depicts what their graphics show so Im seriously confused, lol! I'm serious when I saw that I'd be happy with a few inches or just enough to cover the grass for a few days, lol!