Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

-8F

Big inversion...  car says +6F up at 1500ft and had -8F on start up in the driveway.

LEB -11° and MWN +16°. MWN is the warmest METAR station in the state and one of the warmest overall. 

Made it down to 2° here. The chooks seem unfazed, but they’re starting to get used to it now and no wind helps. 

• Like 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Agreed. Maybe a dusting or something 

Too bad. But have to say, pretty frigging awesome looking here. Definitely have a cake layer. My buddy told me around 3 am there was some rain mixed for an hour while he was plowing. Also said that at one point it was snowing so hard he couldn't see his truck lights.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Still time to trend this to a few hours of 40’s and then flip showers to snow Xmas morning 

Yeah...but this is one of those "big ones" that shows up on the models 10 days out and never goes away. There is higher confidence than normal.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Too bad. But have to say, pretty frigging awesome looking here. Definitely have a cake layer. My buddy told me around 3 am there was some rain mixed for an hour while he was plowing. Also said that at one point it was snowing so hard he couldn't see his truck lights.

Your area also had sleet mixing in for an hour or so. It got as far north as Colchester to you to PVD area briefly . Gonna be tough to swallow if it the giant snow eraser comes and erases to the Laurentian shelf . We should have a good idea by tomorrow evening runs 

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

LEB -11° and MWN +16°. MWN is the warmest METAR station in the state and one of the warmest overall. 

Made it down to 2° here. The chooks seem unfazed, but they’re starting to get used to it now and no wind helps. 

Check that. Decent temp drop at sunrise now... -1°. There’s something to these spikes down in temp at sunrise here. I wonder if the rising sun warms the top of the trees and strengthens the inversion briefly until the solar heating reaches the surface. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Frigid here....-3.3⁰ for the low and current temperature, looks like the arctic out there

Was 15.4 here. I did a 5 mile run at 5:00 AM. There was enough wind that I had to put on the face mask . I got thru 3 miles without it, but could feel the cheeks starting to freeze . Amazing the elevation differences with temps 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You have to remember all the research we have done about the monthly anomaly centered on the 23rd to 25th. Why? It is real according to science.

I still remember the Fairbanks Museum guys in St Johnsbury VT showing a solid +2-2.5F increase in daily temp averages around 12/24-12/25 and that’s on a 140-year data set.  There’s obviously noise of a degree up and down but graphed it was definitely the biggest deviation from the mean of the whole month.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Its actually trended east and weaker slower so instead of a powerful front we end up with extended warmth, inversion and dews

It's not locked into the details, I'm hoping not to lose power on christmas day myself.

Maybe it will break to where we end up getting refreshed an inch or two at the end.