Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Western Pa / Pittsburgh area Winter Discussion ❄️☃️

north pgh

40 minutes ago, Burghblizz said:

2010 didn’t quite have the extreme ‘93 and 94 rates (3-4” hour), but it have some have prolonged really good rates. I remember getting like 8” in 5 hours from 7 to midnight. And then there was another period from like 3 to 6 AM where we tacked on another 5”

That storm was just an entirely different beast. I'll never forget the look of those flakes. Smallish but fast and furious. I remember measuring 6", taking a 2 hour walk and coming back to close to 10". Was blown away considering the flake size. 

43 minutes ago, dj3 said:

Euro also says let’s run it back for the super bowl next Sunday holy cow 

Feb shaping up to not be a dumpster fire like most of the seasonal forecast said. Probably in part to the SSW and persistent blocking. Maybe also some feedback from weakening La Niña?

Saw that Euro run, to Far East meh.. Next! Lol j/k I love when we have multiple current/ short range / long range threats all going at once. :snowing:

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, blackngoldrules said:
39 minutes ago, MikeB_01 said:
a4fdfe4a9fe4bac210b2e33fb5584fa4.jpg&key=0e9f877b3928287a2b94a0af1d83ec268819a4021b217593bc62a71636b2b11f

Rain snow line is terrifyingly close. Anyone down there to confirm rain in Washington County?

Being on the county border, this is what I was worried about here. By the time the precip starts up again here, wouldn't surprise me if it's rain.

On the border too. Looks like snow. Don't think I am mixing yet

• Like 1