• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Aqua-Docs
    Newest Member
    Aqua-Docs

Mid-Atlantic winter 2020-21 snowfall contest

10 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

You hear my footsteps yet @NorthArlington101 @H2O?? Omar common’ ya’ll. 

I'm not the one who needs DCA to outsnow IAD ;) 

But yeah, you're in an exceptional spot for one more small event. I was lucky with this sytem basically clipping Richmond, but my one time was used on this event. I'm drawing dead to just a few outs. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

You all seem to be ignoring @olafminesaw creeping up :lol:

Eta: wait... I’m not even sure he can still win? @RodneyS can I get a ruling on this?

Yes. Olaf is very much in the running.  If he were to nail the three Baltimore-Washington airports with no more snow falling at RIC, his total departure would be only 1.6, which would definitely win it. Generally, if you are close to the lead with at least three (ideally four) positive departures, you're in the hunt. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cobalt said:

I'm not the one who needs DCA to outsnow IAD ;) 

But yeah, you're in an exceptional spot for one more small event. I was lucky with this sytem basically clipping Richmond, but my one time was used on this event. I'm drawing dead to just a few outs. 

I need one respectable RIC snowfall

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Btw if anyone has any suggestions to further improve the layout of the spreadsheet, feel free to let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

Maybe slide me in that 1st place slot the last day of the contest?? ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

@WxUSAF nope, @Cobalt has you by 0.1".

leaderboard.JPG

This does not affect the top of the leaderboard, but the 0.1 inch that DCA received on February 19th has been taken away. As far as I know, that 0.1 still stands, and so the official DCA total should be 5.4.   Aside from that, the big change on the board is that Cobalt has eliminated H2O.  H2O could still finish second, but he cannot pick up on Cobalt.

• Thanks 1

At some point LWX adjusted BWI up by 0.3" and IAD up by 0.2" Doesn't change the leader, but here's the updated results. 

This contest looked like it was going to be an exciting finish, but the finale has really fizzled out. A lot of you just don't know how to close the deal when in the red zone. :lol:

Let's get our act together for some early April snow!

leaderboard.JPG

At some point LWX adjusted BWI up by 0.3" and IAD up by 0.2" Doesn't change the leader, but here's the updated results. 
This contest looked like it was going to be an exciting finish, but the finale has really fizzled out. A lot of you just don't know how to close the deal when in the red zone. :lol:
Let's get our act together for some early April snow!
leaderboard.thumb.JPG.668a837dbfe0a09c135349a4f7fb394b.JPG

I’m okay with the results! No more snow is needed.
  • Haha 2

Top 5 aint bad.  I kicked most everyones ass.  Including mappy.  ;)

22 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

I can assure you that contest integrity is our highest priority- I am sending @RodneyS to hand recount every flake that has fallen at DCA. :lol:

My designated snow counters -- Vladimir Putin and Nicolas Maduro -- have informed me that a totally objective hand count reveals that the true amount that fell at DCA was 4.4 inches.  By an amazing coincidence, that's exactly what I forecast!  I have instructed Vlad and Nick to now do a similar hand count at the other three airports . . . I do note, however, that should my effort to steal win the contest fall short, NorthArlington101 has to watch his back at IAD.  Should an additional 1.5 inches fall there, Cobalt would eliminate him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4