• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    friday
    Newest Member
    friday

Winter 2020-21 Medium/Long Range Discussion

^:axe:  agreed. Climatology would say so. But that doesn't end cold and snow. Hopefully, by St. Paddy's day were on our way to an early spring. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Baum said:

^:axe:  agreed. Climatology would say so. But that doesn't end cold and snow. Hopefully, by St. Paddy's day were on our way to an early spring. 

As long as there are no more 10-14 day stretches of temps below freezing then i will be happy. At this point I will be thrilled to see 40 degrees.

14 hours ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Was thinking next week might warm up but that looks in serious doubt now. :ph34r:

Blocks are stubborn to break down. 

• Like 1

It does not appear were immediately going to flip the switch to warm and dry. My guess, back to normal temp wise with a continued active look. Bring the torch in March..please, after we slowly whittle away at this snow pack.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Baum said:

It does not appear were immediately going to flip the switch to warm and dry. My guess, back to normal temp wise with a continued active look. Bring the torch in March..please, after we slowly whittle away at this snow pack.

One more light snow storm tomorrow-friday and then next week a return to normal followed by an increasing warm mid march onward would be a dream scenario for me haha. 

• Like 1

Would rather have winter continue into March here.  Highs in the 30s is fine, but please no torch that melts all the snow at once.  Brown mud season is depressing.  Outside whacky years like 2012, nothing really starts growing until the first week of May here anyways.  

• Like 2

On 2/15/2021 at 12:54 PM, janetjanet998 said:

models showing a decent system next weekend

That one looks pretty good for a front end thump in northern IL/IN at minimum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angrysummons said:

Might be the last time we see the arctic jet for the winter after it pulls out this weekend.

I dont think so. The blocking  has been very resilient this winter 

I don't care what happens with the system around 200 hours out as long as it isn't suppressed way south. Let it be a rainer or a heavy snow. Just not CAD.

• Like 2

still don't see any sign of a thaw imminent, looking forward to days of dense advection fog with all this snow

Next week.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Next week.

I am kinda glad. I bought a new Traeger pellet smoker/grill and I’m dying to use it. While this stretch was fun, and entertaining, wouldn’t mind some warmth. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chambana said:

I am kinda glad. I bought a new Traeger pellet smoker/grill and I’m dying to use it. While this stretch was fun, and entertaining, wouldn’t mind some warmth. 

How did you settle for a, Traeger?    The Pellet Pooper market is so far beyond, Traeger.. O well I'm sure it will suit you fine and add some warmth when it starts on fire..  Kidding..  not kidding.   

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, UMB WX said:

How did you settle for a, Traeger?    The Pellet Pooper market is so far beyond, Traeger.. O well I'm sure it will suit you fine and add some warmth when it starts on fire..  Kidding..  not kidding.   

roasted for his smoker choice in the medium range thread, no mercy

• Haha 6

Man I feel like I’m almost in the new snow belt capital of the Midwest , Chicago, with this constant snow falling lately. Picked up a couple more inches last night and still snowing lightly. 

• Like 1