• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

MO/KS/AR/OK 2020-2021 "Winter" Discussion

26 minutes ago, Doramo said:

Light snow beginning to come down . The snow showing on the radar isn't much . Will get a dusting at most .   As always it is fun to watch .

NWS RADAR 20172021.png

Its fun for sure. Nice burst here in KC. Might pick up a quick coating to an inch.Nice new dusting on everything here. Surprise snow is always the best snow. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoMo said:

I look at it like it's the last time since it's so late in the season. Anything else is just bonus. Haven't really looked into things a month off though. 

I checked with the man upstairs. He said this is our once every 5-7 year snowfall that he is contractually obligated to provide. He said it’s on to severe weather season now. 

21 minutes ago, JMT417 said:

I checked with the man upstairs. He said this is our once every 5-7 year snowfall that he is contractually obligated to provide. He said it’s on to severe weather season now. 

With the current pattern I got a hunch it may be on par with 2013.

39 minutes ago, StormChazer said:

Not too bad of a winter if I do say so myself.

That's pretty amazing compared to what the seasonal models showed and many professional forecasts. Guess we're still pretty clueless weather wise when it comes to forecasting things months in advance.

• Like 3

Crazy that we have seen more snow than in portions of the Dakotas! 

Wondering what the next few months hold. I have heard it could be an active severe weather season.

34 minutes ago, Wx 24/7 said:

Crazy that we have seen more snow than in portions of the Dakotas! 

Wondering what the next few months hold. I have heard it could be an active severe weather season.

Here's to hoping!

There might be something around the 25th-27th or so. Everything would have to come together right. Back into a faster flow with multiple systems, like we were before the big cold outbreak.

• Like 1

After the time period that JoMo mentions, it sure looks like winter could just about be over. Longer-range guidance, as well as CPC indicates that we’re in store for some nice above-average temps in March.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 12:46 PM, jojo762 said:

After the time period that JoMo mentions, it sure looks like winter could just about be over. Longer-range guidance, as well as CPC indicates that we’re in store for some nice above-average temps in March.

What was the CPC showing for February?

• Like 1

Still holding on to a little snow on piles. I bet it disappears tomorrow, but very impressive staying power. 

• Like 2

Huge flakes in Bentonville for the last 2 hours.  Absolutely nuts.  Grass is completely covered.  Measured 1 inch on an elevated plastic surface and that’s with a fair amount of melting.  What a day.  

• Like 1

Quiet storm season for the most part so far here in KC. Mostly just stratiform rains this spring with a storm or two mixed in.