• Member Statistics

    16,123
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    XC700
    Newest Member
    XC700
    Joined
paweather

Central PA 2020 Fall - The Hope begins

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

So, I thought that today was supposed to be sunny & 75 ?

Right now there are clouds and light rain...

Looks like the NWS went with your observation.  Cloudy and drizzle now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Very little sun but a pretty good east wind here. Feels good outside.

Very good.  Maybe the best feel since Spring.  We have made it to 70 so not 60's only for us here today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Are the 80's over (for all but Canderson and maybe Itstraining)? 

Certainly possible, but it's also possible we get that warm right into October. If I was a betting man (I'm not) I would hedge that a few of us hit 80 or better again this year. 

I think the first opportunity comes tomorrow...saw a couple of forecasts for 82 in Lancaster tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Are the 80's over (for all but Canderson and maybe Itstraining)? 

Wednesday and Thursday look very close if not above 80. Tomorrow my high is 80. 
 

Tonight is perfect grilling weather  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, canderson said:

Wednesday and Thursday look very close if not above 80. Tomorrow my high is 80. 
 

Tonight is perfect grilling weather  

 

 

Yea, I had my exclusion clause for the two summer hot spots one being you :-).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/11/2020 at 3:07 PM, Cashtown_Coop said:

Course not the house the record.  I was 0.000 at home.   The rain at course was perfect.  Get to keep the system off all weekend.  I tore my lateral meniscus so things have been hard the last 3 weeks.  Mother Nature on my side this time.  

 

On 9/11/2020 at 3:54 PM, 2001kx said:

I wish it was but had a rough couple months..

Was hit in the face by a rock during an Motocross Race..Busted my goggles.

Fractured my eye socket, cheek bone, around my nasal cavity and above my upper back teeth (jaw bone)

But the worst part is my eye has a blurry spot in the middle and my pupil doesnt work (always big / open) and the dr. said it may never get better.

 

Other than that it has been good -lol.

 

Goodness I hope everyone has a quick/full recovery from all the injuries. We're gonna have to put out an injury report when we're full swing in the wintertime at this rate lol. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

81 here now. Delightful day with a refreshing breeze. 

I saw that one coming.  Canderson probably made it as well. LOL.  We only got to 74 here.  A little humid so not all that nice out.   MDT topped at exactly 80. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think we've made it to 70 here today under the clouds and had a couple decent showers late morning/early afternoon. Pretty much been cloudy here since Friday. 

You can see on satellite how the frontal system working through central PA this afternoon has drawn some of the western wildfire smoke up into it at the higher levels from the SW and also from the NW some.  Also you can see the two big ticket tropical items Paulette and Sally. Will have to see how much Sally eventually gets drawn up north before being shoved out ahead of another frontal push late week. Euro ensembles show some reasonable precip chances southern half of the state but right now it seems the general model consensus is the majority of eventual remnants stay south of PA. So we'll see how that goes. Right now Sally's being forced under the current frontal boundary to take its forecasted WNW toward the LA coast. That's also contributing to the westerly shear on it attm as well. Hopefully it doesn't get too wound up, because that is a bad angle to take towards New Orleans. 

1336319430_ScreenShot2020-09-13at4_41_25PM.thumb.png.c8828e39ccf40759e299b49de1c3bedc.png

Next weekend looks dare I say, kind of chilly behind the system that eventually kicks Sally away. Could be a decent chance of some frost in northern PA as well as the usual cooler suspects in the Laurels and central counties. The first couple days this week after the passage of today's system looks pretty nice as well, with Tuesday morning the chilliest and a more limited frost chance (Bradford/Allegheny National forest region). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAG5035 said:

I don't think we've made it to 70 here today under the clouds and had a couple decent showers late morning/early afternoon. Pretty much been cloudy here since Friday. 

You can see on satellite how the frontal system working through central PA this afternoon has drawn some of the western wildfire smoke up into it at the higher levels from the SW and also from the NW some.  Also you can see the two big ticket tropical items Paulette and Sally. Will have to see how much Sally eventually gets drawn up north before being shoved out ahead of another frontal push late week. Euro ensembles show some reasonable precip chances southern half of the state but right now it seems the general model consensus is the majority of eventual remnants stay south of PA. So we'll see how that goes. Right now Sally's being forced under the current frontal boundary to take its forecasted WNW toward the LA coast. That's also contributing to the westerly shear on it attm as well. Hopefully it doesn't get too wound up, because that is a bad angle to take towards New Orleans. 

1336319430_ScreenShot2020-09-13at4_41_25PM.thumb.png.c8828e39ccf40759e299b49de1c3bedc.png

Next weekend looks dare I say, kind of chilly behind the system that eventually kicks Sally away. Could be a decent chance of some frost in northern PA as well as the usual cooler suspects in the Laurels and central counties. The first couple days this week after the passage of today's system looks pretty nice as well, with Tuesday morning the chilliest and a more limited frost chance (Bradford/Allegheny National forest region). 

We really need some rain.  So I do not hope damage on anyone but whatever it takes to get some rain up here.   We are back to a double digit deficit since May 1 at -10.05".   I do not think we have had any rain for the month so far.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you Mag!

Pretty much in the same boat as you Bub. We did pick up 0.10" of rain yesterday, first rain we have had in a week.

But not near enough...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pawatch said:

Thank you Mag!

Pretty much in the same boat as you Bub. We did pick up 0.10" of rain yesterday, first rain we have had in a week.

But not near enough...

If not for the overly wet spring some of us would be in a drought for the ages right now.    I was told by a Hydrologist in Frederick that our drop in ground water levels from Jan 2019 to now is the largest drop in recorded history for this county in going from about 50 feet to 78 feet.    Recorded history on this stuff is limited though as to how far back it goes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paweather said:

Well...sorry all that I'll be posting again :-) I'm back took a few days my wife and I went to the beach just in time to come back to great fall weather. And Hurricane Sally. Looks like a CAT 1. 

next time, get authorization from someone here before going on vacation.  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.