Total Members
    Most Online
    Pszemo
    Newest Member
    Pszemo
2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Met1985

Just now, wncsnow said:

I'm going to go get some supplies. It doesn't look good here and I have a young child

Same here. Need some gas for the generators and some propane for the porch heater, haha. Even .25-3 of ice would be awful. 

• Like 1

Just now, wncsnow said:

I'm going to go get some supplies. It doesn't look good here and I have a young child

I would just to be safe. Even though we are under a wsw here I still think we get minimal winter weather before it turns to rain. You on the other hand look locked and loaded for some ice for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BretWx said:

Same here. Need some gas for the generators and some propane for the porch heater, haha. Even .25-3 of ice would be awful. 

As I recall you lost a tree to an ice storm a few years ago.  Let's hope it doesn't get too bad.

• Like 1

I don't mean to downplay the threat of a significant ice storm but how long is this thing going to last?  12 hours?  I was in Raleigh for the early 2000s ice storm and it just would not stop raining with temps in the mid 20s.  Again, I do think a high impact ice event is in the making but some of these apocalyptic maps need to be taken with a grain of salt.  

1 minute ago, Tyler Penland said:

I wonder if those Pivitol maps are adding sleet into the ZR totals. Cause it looks like a decent amount of snow/sleet at onset to me.

Could be. The NAM looks more reasonable. Not for my area. I am rooting for cold rain. 

fram_acc.us_state_nc_va.png

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

I wonder if those Pivitol maps are adding sleet into the ZR totals. Cause it looks like a decent amount of snow/sleet at onset to me.

Pivitol snow map does include sleet, but not ZR. The 12Z HRRR gave us 6 inches across Western Haywood County. Of course it's the HRRR so the normal caution is advised. 

• Like 1

• jburns unpinned this topic