• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Enera
    Newest Member
    Enera

Central PA Summer 2020: Hoping The Heat Makes a Hasty Retreat

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It rains in Tamaqua every day it seems... :) 

:lol:

We got about a half inch so far, but south of town is getting slammed at the moment.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:16 PM, Itstrainingtime said:

I forget if @MAG5035 lives north or south of Altoona, but flood advisories are up for south of town...

On the north side of town of course. I've had a few doses of rain the last couple days but definitely not enough. And of course same deal tonight with the real heavy stuff just south of town. Hopefully some of it bubbles up this way. 

On that note I'm getting rather concerned about the training going on in the southern half of Cambria (Johnstown and surrounding communities). Already flash flood warnings out and 2"+ on the doppler estimates. 

52 minutes ago, MAG5035 said:

On the north side of town of course. I've had a few doses of rain the last couple days but definitely not enough. And of course same deal tonight with the real heavy stuff just south of town. Hopefully some of it bubbles up this way. 

On that note I'm getting rather concerned about the training going on in the southern half of Cambria (Johnstown and surrounding communities). Already flash flood warnings out and 2"+ on the doppler estimates. 

And they aren’t moving. 

Not feeling confident we see any rain tonight. Things are not moving East as forecast. 

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not at my PC to easily check but saw some reports of over 4" in similar areas to this flood warning a couple nights ago.  

Yea that general area has caught a few heavy rain episodes the last couple weeks. Doppler estimates of over 4 inches this evening have the bullseye just west of Johnstown in what is fortunately a pretty rural area in far SW Westmoreland between Johnstown, New Florence, and Ligonier. Although there have still been significant estimates in the first two of those towns. 

Its raining some now, and the radar suddenly looks quite active west/northwest of here. Fair amount of thunder and lightning with the stuff near and overhead now so could be noisy if the other stuff makes it here. 

4 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

1.37” at house today.    Grass will be greening up

Wow, you must have been  under a real heavy outburst or storm.  We just had 10 min of decently heavy rain here.   But for the week we are at that similar figure so some greening. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, you must have been  under a real heavy outburst or storm.  We just had 10 min of decently heavy rain here.   But for the week we are at that similar figure so some greening. 

Local jackpot today.  Just a tuneup for winter :snowman:

69762C1B-79DA-4D03-9160-E484F1E9E1EA.png

• Like 1