• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

Man the rangers goalie this year is having an historic season..He has to be the favorite for the vezina trophy..To bad the rangers D sucks besides fox lol 

So far this season Igor Shesterkin is 25-5 with GAA around 2.00 and a ridiculous save percentage over 940%, I think the record is 944%..

• Like 3

On 2/20/2022 at 12:39 PM, Blue Moon said:

Telling Americans that the USA sucks in

2002: "F**k you POS foreigner I hope you die USA forever 9/11 never forget we could invade & destroy your country USA number one"

2022: "We know"

I honestly don't know if I'd rather live anywhere else but I also get this nagging feeling now that we could be so much better than we are.  We can be a very frustrating country.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Man the rangers goalie this year is having an historic season..He has to be the favorite for the vezina trophy..To bad the rangers D sucks besides fox lol 

So far this season Igor Shesterkin is 25-5 with GAA around 2.00 and a ridiculous save percentage over 940%, I think the record is 944%..

The Oilers need a goalie. McDavid might be looking to leave soon if they don't. 

• Like 2

So I’m going to be getting a new pickup here at some point (deposit down, now waiting for transport I guess) 

Any of you guys deal with insurance or have any recommendations? I’ve used local small towns insurance til now but kinda considering going to a big name one. Geico, State Farm, etc…
I went with a new company last April and this guy is just to incompetent. He’s messed too many things up in 10 months that god forbid I make a claim I’m afraid I’ll not actually have coverage or something.

3 hours ago, Polarbear said:

So I’m going to be getting a new pickup here at some point (deposit down, now waiting for transport I guess) 

Any of you guys deal with insurance or have any recommendations? I’ve used local small towns insurance til now but kinda considering going to a big name one. Geico, State Farm, etc…
I went with a new company last April and this guy is just to incompetent. He’s messed too many things up in 10 months that god forbid I make a claim I’m afraid I’ll not actually have coverage or something.

Geico has been great for us. Best friend is an insurance broker and he can only match their rates but without all the bells and whistles geico offers. 

On 2/26/2022 at 10:01 PM, Buckeyes_Suck said:

Geico has been great for us. Best friend is an insurance broker and he can only match their rates but without all the bells and whistles geico offers. 

So I priced out 6-7 of the big names online over the weekend and followed up the last couple days.
Unless something drastic changes I can’t see myself not going with geico now myself. They had the lowest auto by about 70 bucks/6 months but were a few hundred higher on my homeowners. I just got off the phone with the local geico in Batavia and he shaved another 30 off the auto and 250 off my homeowners. Using all the same criteria.
I expected at least a few hundred dollars increade updating my pickup from an 07 to a 22. It’s only going up 163 dollars.

I was getting pretty good numbers at State Farm and could get close to matching the auto but was going to have to sign up for their drive and safe which I wasn’t crazy about.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

:(

Screenshot_20220301-180933.png

I know I'm oversimplifying but nobody involved in these negotiations is hurting financially.  Figure it the f--k out, guys.  There has to be a deal they can come up with that will satisfy both parties.  Why the hell would they want to do this to the sport coming off two crazy years impacted by the pandemic?  They're blowing an opportunity.  People want to get back out there and participate in activities that they enjoy.  The longer this goes, the less I care.  There are other things that I can do in the spring and summer.  If it's there, I'll watch but I don't need it.  Baseball isn't the only game in town anymore....and this could serve to further alienate younger fans who are already less enthusiastic about the sport.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Baseball is too long as it is.  Cut two months for all I care.  Sounds great to me.  100 game season would be great and still too long IMO.  

Yeah I really only watch the playoffs and highlights of regular season. 162 games is insane to me. No one has time for that in the summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeltaT13 said:

Baseball is too long as it is.  Cut two months for all I care.  Sounds great to me.  100 game season would be great and still too long IMO.  

It is a grind.  A lot of sports fans are focused on the NBA and Stanley Cup playoffs in the spring anyway.  I couldn't possibly watch every game but it is nice to have something to watch or listen to on a summer evening if there's nothing else going on.  I guess that's the advantage football has.  One game a week and you only get 17 of them unless your team reaches the playoffs. Each game feels like an event and the length of the season leaves you wanting more.  By the time August rolls around, I'm jonesing for football.

6 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah I really only watch the playoffs and highlights of regular season. 162 games is insane to me. No one has time for that in the summer. 

I do haha..At least most of the games..They usually come on in the evening right around dinner time lol So it's something to look forward to each night for me..

• Like 3

10 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

I do haha..At least most of the games..They usually come on in the evening right around dinner time lol So it's something to look forward to each night for me..

Yeah you like baseball more than me. I'm like that for football and hockey. After work in summer I usually am by the pool or disc golf. I like attending baseball games much more than watching them on TV, too boring for me. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Syrmax said:

Beisbol MLB is a joke. Who cares? I used to be a die hard Mets and baseball fan. Don't watch anymore as team sucks, games too long; season too long, covid mess.  I watch more soccer now. It has its drawbacks too  but 2 hrs and done. 

Soccer is exciting but I only like international games like world cup. A great sport though. One of my favorite sports to watch is Tennis, I've been playing since I was a kid and got pretty good at it. Going to be sad when the big 4 retire. Roger Federer is my all time favorite athlete. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Beisbol MLB is a joke. Who cares? I used to be a die hard Mets and baseball fan. Don't watch anymore as team sucks, games too long; season too long, covid mess.  I watch more soccer now. It has its drawbacks too  but 2 hrs and done. 

Champions League is great, as are the other international competitions.  I find that a lot of the European domestic leagues are too top-heavy.  Always seems like the same 4 or 5 teams (sometimes even fewer) who are in contention for the title...although that Leicester City championship in the Premier League a few years back was a great thing to witness.  I'm not big into the MLS but I should go to a Red Bulls game at some point.  It looks like a really fun atmosphere.  

Yeah I don't really have an MLS team.  I Would say one of the NY teams but I can't. NYCFC is tied to Man City who are owned by a middle east SWF and are helping ruin soccer. And Red Bulls...no. I would be disowned by the supporters of the team I support, which is Borussia Dortmund in the German Bundesliga. And we crashed out of the Champions League and Europa League comps this year.

I've been to  Dortmund match and last October to an Amsterdam Ajax match. Intense and fun.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Yeah I don't really have an MLS team.  I Would say one of the NY teams but I can't. NYCFC is tied to Man City who are owned by a middle east SWF and are helping ruin soccer. And Red Bulls...no. I would be disowned by the supporters of the team I support, which is Borussia Dortmund in the German Bundesliga. And we crashed out of the Champions League and Europa League comps this year.

I've been to  Dortmund match and last October to an Amsterdam Ajax match. Intense and fun.

The passion of soccer fans is unmatched.  It's really like a religion to a lot of them.  I'd love to attend a match in Europe one day.  

• Like 1

Mask mandate was lifted in my office building.  NFL is ending all Covid protocols for now also.  So happy and grateful to see this crisis beginning to wind down.  I just hope we're not hit with another surprise variant.  Fingers crossed that we can enjoy spring and summer relatively worry-free.

• Like 3

Seahawks trading Russell Wilson to Denver..

They received a nice haul considering Wilson will be 34 this fall..

The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick to the Seahawks for Wilson and a fourth-round pick, sources said.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

The Broncos have agreed to trade quarterback Drew Lock, tight end Noah Fant, defensive lineman Shelby Harris, two first-round picks, two second-round picks and a fifth-round pick to the Seahawks for Wilson and a fourth-round pick, sources said.

That division has Wilson, Mahomes, Herbert, and Carr. Good for the Bills, a better shot at #1 overall in AFC now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

Guess they figure that they'll need some assets for their rebuild.  Maybe they figure Wilson can play another 5 or 6 years.  DK Metcalf might be gone now also.  I wonder if Pete Carroll will stick around.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

An elderly epilepsy patient unexpectedly died during a brain scan, revealing bursts of activity associated with memory recall, meditation, and dreaming..

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/brain-scans-suggest-life-flashes-before-our-eyes-upon-death-180979647/

Maybe he was on shrooms? :lol:

• Haha 1