• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

I feel so relieved. All is good in the world again. The Bengals defense held the Chiefs to 3 pts at home after halftime including OT and winning the toss...Incredible performance. Did anyone see what they did? They rushed 3 people and dropped everyone else back into coverage. Their d line man while way underpaid compared to ours were incredible and their LBS were better. I will now be watching the superbowl and watching tonights game! :drunk:

19 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

693FDAC9-0344-49BB-84F7-1603024B1038.thumb.jpeg.c695e3f1143325e4f07465c11c5d1cce.jpeg

not that I hold grudges or anything but that KC loss takes away SOME of the sting for me. I’m now ready to move onto next year.  

Yeah Bengals are really good with insane speed. I do think we would have beaten them though at home. However, who would cover Chase/Higgins? They're so much faster than anyone we have on defense. We need speed on both sides of the ball. I want Fast CB at pick #25 and either a quick RB/WR in rounds 2/3.

I also want us to sign a veteran rusher. They take too long to develop. Greg Rosseau was okay this year but not really an impact player. A trade similar to the Hughes one yrs back.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yeah Bengals are really good with insane speed. I do think we would have beaten them though at home. However, who would cover Chase/Higgins? They're so much faster than anyone we have on defense. We need speed on both sides of the ball. I want Fast CB at pick #25 and either a quick RB/WR in rounds 2/3.

I also want us to sign a veteran rusher. They take too long to develop. Greg Rosseau was okay this year but not really an impact player. A trade similar to the Hughes one yrs back.

Bills need a HC that knows how to finish...and not duck his own incompetence when he chokes. Be a man and Own it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Bills need a HC that knows how to finish...and not duck his own incompetence when he chokes. Be a man and Own it.

Yep. I don't see that changing though. McDermott made idiot calls all season long. He one time declined a 5 yd penalty that would have made it a 52 yrd fg vs 47 for no reason. That Jags game was all coaching. He could have put Bates in at O line which solved all our O line issues earlier. He is so stubborn in keeping "his" guys in. We had a really rough patch mid year on our O line and to think it was easily solvable.

A narrative about the Chiefs being underachievers might begin to take shape here. Four consecutive AFC championship games, only one Super Bowl title to show for it. Credit to the Bengals for hanging in there but that’s a terrible loss for Kansas City.  They should have  more opportunities with Mahomes being so young but there are no guarantees. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks reached back to back Super Bowls and then never returned. A lot has to go right to reach the summit. Plus, the  competition in the AFC is only getting stiffer. Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Derek Carr to a lesser extent. These guys will be around for awhile and will only get better.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gmendevils8204 said:

A narrative about the Chiefs being underachievers might begin to take shape here. Four consecutive AFC championship games, only one Super Bowl title to show for it. Credit to the Bengals for hanging in there but that’s a terrible loss for Kansas City.  They should have  more opportunities with Mahomes being so young but there are no guarantees. Russell Wilson and the Seahawks reached back to back Super Bowls and then never returned. A lot has to go right to reach the summit.

Interesting take, I hadn't thought of KC & being viewed as underachievers but maybe in time?....I think (could be off here) that teams like GB could be viewed in that lens, to a degree, through the Favre & Rodgers years.  Certainly didn't maximize their potential in terms of SB rings.  New England and Brady certainly wouldnt be viewed as underachieving by any rational standard but that was a rare long-lasting combo of elite QB having a surrounding team + Coach that also stayed good/great at the same time. Have to go back to the Landry/Staubach, Lombardi/Starr, and Browns of yore to find franchises that seemed to maximize rings (and NFL Championships pre-SB).  Random thoughts...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Syrmax said:

Interesting take, I hadn't thought of KC & being viewed as underachievers but maybe in time?....I think (could be off here) that teams like GB could be viewed in that lens, to a degree, through the Favre & Rodgers years.  Certainly didn't maximize their potential in terms of SB rings.  New England and Brady certainly wouldnt be viewed as underachieving by any rational standard but that was a rare long-lasting combo of elite QB having a surrounding team + Coach that also stayed good/great at the same time. Have to go back to the Landry/Staubach, Lombardi/Starr, and Browns of yore to find franchises that seemed to maximize rings (and NFL Championships pre-SB).  Random thoughts...

4 AFC championship games and only 1 superbowl. 1/2 more and no more SB wins would definitely be underachieving. To only win one with a HOF QB, TE, and WR is tough. But the Bills lost 4 superbowls with a HOF RB, WR, QB, and DE so its possible. Marino and Kelly have no superbowls, Brees 1 and Rodgers 1. It's tough to win the big one. Manning had 1 his entire career at Indy before going to the superteam in Denver. I think Mahomes/Allen are the top 2 QBs in the league for the next 10 years. I expect both to win at least 1 more in the next decade. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I feel so relieved. All is good in the world again. The Bengals defense held the Chiefs to 3 pts at home after halftime including OT and winning the toss...Incredible performance. Did anyone see what they did? They rushed 3 people and dropped everyone else back into coverage. Their d line man while way underpaid compared to ours were incredible and their LBS were better. I will now be watching the superbowl and watching tonights game! :drunk:

Ya what a game it was!  Loved the ending of the first half and into the second.  KC got a little too confident at the end of the first half and walked away with 0... Love it!  

I was pretty discouraged by the way the game started, but we have typically been a 2nd half team.  That definitely showed up between Joe scrambling more and the D adjustments, amazing.

• Like 3

Brady's retirement finally official.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33192441/tampa-bay-buccaneers-tom-brady-officially-announces-retirement

I wonder if Gronk will follow him out the door.  I think Tampa also has a lot of free agents who might walk now too.  Has any team's odds to reach the next Super Bowl ever taken such a steep fall?  The NFC South is definitely up for grabs now.

• Like 1

NEW YORK -- Brian Flores has sued the NFL and three teams -- the Dolphins, the Broncos and the Giants -- alleging discrimination regarding his interview processes with Denver and New York and his firing last month by Miami.

The 58-page lawsuit was filed in Manhattan federal court Tuesday and seeks class-action status.

In it, Flores claims Dolphins owner Stephen Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank" or purposely lose games shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every game the team lost that season. Flores says that as the team won games late in the season, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told him Ross was "mad" that Flores' on-field success was "compromising [the team's] draft position."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33194862/brian-flores-sues-nfl-others-former-miami-dolphins-coach-alleges-racism-hiring-practices

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wolfie09 said:

NEW YORK -- Brian Flores has sued the NFL and three teams -- the Dolphins, the Broncos and the Giants -- alleging discrimination regarding his interview processes with Denver and New York and his firing last month by Miami.

The 58-page lawsuit was filed in Manhattan federal court Tuesday and seeks class-action status.

In it, Flores claims Dolphins owner Stephen Ross attempted to incentivize him to "tank" or purposely lose games shortly after he was hired in 2019, with Ross allegedly offering Flores $100,000 for every game the team lost that season. Flores says that as the team won games late in the season, Dolphins general manager Chris Grier told him Ross was "mad" that Flores' on-field success was "compromising [the team's] draft position."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33194862/brian-flores-sues-nfl-others-former-miami-dolphins-coach-alleges-racism-hiring-practices

Yikes!  Wouldn't surprise me if his allegations have validity but man he threw some people under the bus...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Everyone is talking about this, its quite insane. I don't buy it. 

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Everyone is talking about this, its quite insane. I don't buy it. 

Well the dolphins thing is strange lol A young coach takes a "rebuilding" team to 10 and 9 wins in back to back seasons but yet gets fired lol Many"experts" were shocked.. Rumor had it that Flores butted heads with ownership and management, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.. Obviously just speculation.. Hard to know what is fact or fiction..

16 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Well the dolphins thing is strange lol A young coach takes a "rebuilding" team to 10 and 9 wins in back to back seasons but yet gets fired lol Many"experts" were shocked.. Rumor had it that Flores butted heads with ownership and management, so I wonder if that had something to do with it.. Obviously just speculation.. Hard to know what is fact or fiction..

89F76C0D-1C05-448C-BAAE-557FF60727EE.jpeg

7 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Marty schottenheimer was let go after 3 straight, going 14-2, and winning the division 2 out of 3 years. 

Yeah but that was the same situation as Flores was in...Not seeing eye to eye with management..Why Flores didn't get along with management is kind of an unknown..

Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer was fired
Monday night in a shocking move by team president Dean Spanos, who
cited a "dysfunctional situation" between the coach and general
manager A.J. Smith.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

Yeah but that was the same situation as Flores was in...Not seeing eye to eye with management..Why Flores didn't get along with management is kind of an unknown..

Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer was fired
Monday night in a shocking move by team president Dean Spanos, who
cited a "dysfunctional situation" between the coach and general
manager A.J. Smith.

Some of that lawsuit makes zero sense. The part of Daboll wanting out because he didn't like McDermott? He decided to stay another year this year when he had head coach offers last offseason. The part of Flores being coach and Daboll going to be Offensive coordinator also makes zero sense. Why would he make a lateral move when he is literally the #1 head coaching candidate this year and last? Reeks of BS.

Mcdermott was so bad that Dorsey went back on his handshake agreement with Daboll to become Offensive coordinator for the Bills.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1