• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate NY Banter and General Discussion..

The Baltimore Ravens defense has been one of the best in the NFL over the last decade. Under Martindale’s leadership as DC, the Ravens ranked in the top-three defenses in the NFL for three of the four seasons. In 2018, 2019, and 2020, Don Martindale’s defenses ranked second, third, and second in the NFL.

The Ravens had the sixth-highest blitz percentage in 2021 (31.1%). In 2020, Martindale’s Ravens blitzed 44.1% of the time, the highest percentage in the NFL. They also ranked 2nd in the NFL in total defense last season. 2019 was Martindale’s most impressive and most aggressive season as defensive coordinator. That year, the Ravens blitzed a league-high 54.9% of the time and only allowed 15 total touchdowns.

• Like 1

They're building so many homes in Hamburg its tough to find any open undeveloped land. When I moved here 10 years ago there was nothing here.

https://wyrk.com/buffalo-most-affordable-city/?fbclid=IwAR3BdmZnYDC92xD5v6rAdbZcLtRVqzZ97hdnhXWYJWOIeffZbGnP7oQCv70

Buffalo was recently named the "America's Most Affordable City To Live In" according extraspace.com. Buffalo's cost of living is 17% lower than the national average with low prices for health care and housing.

Buffalo got high marks for employment opportunities with major companies like M&T Bank, Kaleida Health, and Delaware North.

In the study, Buffalo also received high marks for a vibrant food scene, family fun activities like the Buffalo Zoo and The Buffalo Museum of Science, and being so close to a National Wonder of the World Niagara Falls.

In Buffalo, the national medium housing cost in America is around $315,000 while in Buffalo the medium cost of housing is around $202,000. Rent in Buffalo on average is around $710 per month which is lower than the national average as well. Also, the average commute time in Buffalo is about 5 minutes shorter than the national average.

Buffalo is hosts plenty of outdoor activities for those that like to be outdoors. From the hiking trails across Western New York to skiing at Holiday Valley and Kissing Bridge to bike and walking paths along Lake Erie, if you are an outdoor person, Buffalo boasts plenty to do outdoors.

Buffalo is currently ahead of cities like Dallas, Kansas City, Nashville, and Tampa Bay, Florida.

• Like 3

The NFL will host a regular-season game in Munich, Germany next season for the first time in its history, the league announced on Wednesday.

There will be five NFL regular-season games played internationally next season, with three games played in London, one in Mexico and one in Germany.

The league was previously weighing up three potential German host cities -- Munich, Frankfurt and Dusseldorf -- with a goal to host its first games in the country no later than 2023. However, the NFL announced on Wednesday it will host its first-ever regular-season game in mainland Europe later this year.

The NFL plans to host the first fixture at the Allianz Arena in Munich next season, followed by Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt in 2023. The league would then return to Munich in 2024 and Frankfurt in 2025.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

The NFL will host a regular-season game in Munich, Germany next season for the first time in its history, the league announced on Wednesday.

There will be five NFL regular-season games played internationally next season, with three games played in London, one in Mexico and one in Germany.

The league was previously weighing up three potential German host cities -- Munich, Frankfurt and Dusseldorf -- with a goal to host its first games in the country no later than 2023. However, the NFL announced on Wednesday it will host its first-ever regular-season game in mainland Europe later this year.

The NFL plans to host the first fixture at the Allianz Arena in Munich next season, followed by Deutsche Bank Park in Frankfurt in 2023. The league would then return to Munich in 2024 and Frankfurt in 2025.

If the Bills go to Germany I will be going to that.

• Haha 1

Actor and comedian Bob Saget died from accidental head trauma, a Florida medical examiner said Thursday. Saget was 65 when he died last month.

No illicit drugs or toxins were found in his system, Dr. Joshua Stephany, chief medical examiner for Orange and Osceola counties, said in a statement. Stephany said Saget died from "blunt head trauma" and was an accident.

"His injuries were most likely incurred from an unwitnessed fall," Stephany said.

In a statement to Entertainment Tonight on Wednesday, the "Full House" star's family said he "accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep."

• Sad 4

20 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Actor and comedian Bob Saget died from accidental head trauma, a Florida medical examiner said Thursday. Saget was 65 when he died last month.

No illicit drugs or toxins were found in his system, Dr. Joshua Stephany, chief medical examiner for Orange and Osceola counties, said in a statement. Stephany said Saget died from "blunt head trauma" and was an accident.

"His injuries were most likely incurred from an unwitnessed fall," Stephany said.

In a statement to Entertainment Tonight on Wednesday, the "Full House" star's family said he "accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep."

Something so simple. You never know when you're gonna go.

• Sad 3

20 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

Anything is possible but when I first read this, I thought it was a sketchy explanation.  I hope they're not trying to cover up something more sinister (apologies for the conspiracy theory hinting) but your brain is quite sensitive.  If you hit it in the wrong spot, it can definitely cause serious trauma.  Maybe there was internal bleeding.  Who knows?  No matter what happened, he's gone unfortunately.  Time to let him rest in peace.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, vortmax said:

Something so simple. You never know when you're gonna go.

My girlfriend and I (she's a nurse and sees a lot) say this all the time.  Our bodies are so complex and so much can go wrong.  It's a miracle that we're able to function properly on a daily basis and live for as long as we do.  You just never know from one day to the next.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wolfie09 said:

I thought Brady deserved it more especially with Godwin and Evans going out and carrying that team. Also a final farewell to the goat. Rodgers is a post season choker. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, matt8204 said:

Anything is possible but when I first read this, I thought it was a sketchy explanation.  I hope they're not trying to cover up something more sinister (apologies for the conspiracy theory hinting) but your brain is quite sensitive.  If you hit it in the wrong spot, it can definitely cause serious trauma.  Maybe there was internal bleeding.  Who knows?  No matter what happened, he's gone unfortunately.  Time to let him rest in peace.  

Had a good friend pass out at a wedding 3 yrs ago. We were eating dessert with him at 8 pm, and at 9 pm he fell to the ground. 27 yrs old and never woke up, no one knows what happened but they think it had to be a brain aneurysm. There were 2 doctors and a bunch of nurses at the wedding but couldn't bring him back. Ever since that night my view on life changed. We're here for a few fleeting seconds, don't stress over the small things, enjoy everyday to the full, and spend as much time as possible with family and friends. 

image.jpeg.5113135357427cb107b9455000ebc855.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Had a good friend pass out at a wedding 3 yrs ago. We were eating dessert with him at 8 pm, and at 9 pm he fell to the ground. 27 yrs old and never woke up, no one knows what happened but they think it had to be a brain aneurysm. There were 2 doctors and a bunch of nurses at the wedding but couldn't bring him back. Ever since that night my view on life changed. We're here for a few fleeting seconds, don't stress over the small things, enjoy everyday to the full, and spend as much time as possible with family and friends. 

What a tragedy.  May he Rest in Peace.  Sorry that you had to witness that.  Awful circumstances and way, way too young.  You're absolutely right.  You just never know how much time you have left.  The stuff we stress about doesn't really matter in the end and if you can't control it, why be angry or anxious about it?  Find your happiness where you can and make sure you cherish your loved ones while you have them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm so sorry to hear that you went through that. May your friend rest in peace.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Yes. How is everything going over there in Ottawa? 

I'm actually in Toronto (despite my screen name!). Have friends in Ottawa still, though. Things are tense there. Things are especially tense at the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor. It wouldn't surprise me if some sort of action is taken within the next day or so to clear those protesters. Pressure being put on government by the US government now as supply chains have ground to a halt. Really hoping there isn't any violence or bloodshed. Crazy times we have been living through these past two years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sad  :( RIP

LOS ANGELES -- The death of former major leaguer Jeremy Giambi was a suicide, the office of the Los Angeles County medical examiner-coroner said Friday.

Giambi, 47, died Wednesday at his parents' home in suburban Claremont.

The cause of death was a gunshot wound, according to the coroner's online case records.

• Sad 4