• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol

2020 Spring and Summer mountain thread.

I unfortunately didn't make it out to Carvers Gap as I am needed at work today. The radar didn't look all that impressive overnight but I am sure they got something.

Was hoping for a little more snow/ice up on Grandfather but it's pretty regardless. Had a dusting of snow along the Parkway from Beacon Heights to 181 and back towards Banner Elk. 29 on the Parkway was the lowest the car thermometer got on my trip.

Image may contain: mountain, sky, tree, plant, cloud, grass, outdoor and nature

• Like 5

34 for the morning low in Maggie and still a chilly 48 at 1:30 PM. Tomorrow morning under good rediational cooling may bring a impressive May 10th low temperature to the area. Enough of this nonsense, bring on warm weather!

• Like 2

Hiked to top of Mt. Rogers, VA, today.  Left the parking lot at Elk Garden at 10 AM and 31 F on the car thermometer.  The wind was ripping.  Once we got in the trees on the AT, it wasn't too bad, though.  Beautiful clear blue sky and skiff of snow everywhere.  Maybe an inch at the top.  The rime ice was impressive too.  We did 9.9 miles in total, according to Gaia GPS.  Now that was a perfect May 9!

Here are a few pics:

o2YMiw9.jpg

Ox2pbGg.jpg

y0Mbt1U.jpg

• Like 9

22 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

My high today was 40. This is really impressive for May!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Yeah no kidding! This is an impressive air mass.  Temp down to 36....

Hiked to top of Mt. Rogers, VA, today.  Left the parking lot at Elk Garden at 10 AM and 31 F on the car thermometer.  The wind was ripping.  Once we got in the trees on the AT, it wasn't too bad, though.  Beautiful clear blue sky and skiff of snow everywhere.  Maybe an inch at the top.  The rime ice was impressive too.  We did 9.9 miles in total, according to Gaia GPS.  Now that was a perfect May 9!

Nice. Been wanting to get to Grayson in the snow for a long time. Haven't made it happen yet but one of these days...

12 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Woke up to 24 and a dusting this morning...then I got back in bed because "a'int nobody got time for that" in May.

Come on, 70° weather.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If you're 70 them I'm going to be 90. PLEASE NO!

• Haha 3

Temp dropped to 27 here in the foothills with a big frost. Hope everyone covered their plants