• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    JimMadson
    Newest Member
    JimMadson

Coronavirus

1 minute ago, schoeppeya said:

You don’t like that would be front page news on every media station, especially considering the political party of their governor? If there were evidence there were misrepresentations of deaths, we would know about it. 

I know what I read.  I will find it come hell or high water.  Also important to point out that an undercount of deaths doesn't necessarily mean it's because of an orchestrated conspiracy.  Could be an innocent reason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

:banned:

Typical liberal. Because CNN or MSNBC refuses to acknowledge a border crisis, you take it as a conspiracy theory.

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

• Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

I know what I read.  I will find it come hell or high water.  Also important to point out that an undercount of deaths doesn't necessarily mean it's because of an orchestrated conspiracy.  Could be an innocent reason.

True!

• Weenie 1

Just now, Chambana said:

Typical liberal. Because CNN or MSNBC refuses to acknowledge a border crisis, you take it as a conspiracy theory. 

He’s annoying but you’re gonna get this thread locked with that type of stuff

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chambana said:

I am neither. I am independent. I just want whats best for America. Politics is destroying our country which is greiviously sad. We have taken common sense issues and made it all liberal vs conservative. I HATE POLITICS :angry:

18 minutes ago, Chambana said:

Spare me your outrage, seriously it’s getting nauseating at this point. I’m sorry, I’m not generally outspoken on this board, but you constantly call out Americans desperate for a sense of normalcy, but have yet to acknowledge the free invitation, open border policy of your president Biden. They have pods or cages running at 800% capacity, promising millions of illegals amnesty, shoving them into the general population of the United States, with no COVID testing. 

Everything is political now, I can’t even watch a sports game without politics being shoved down my throat from woke athletes who are fanning their outrage over shit they don’t even know what they are talking about. Lebron James promoting moving the all star game over voting laws, laws that require a ID, and that’s racist? But yet, he supports a communist, genocidal regime in China. It’s comical. 

And getting a vaccine is a personal choice, why should you need a passport to determine what you can or can’t do? Maybe some are skeptical over a vaccine rushed out in 9 months. You are acting like this virus is pushing mankind on the brink of extinction. 

The damage we have done from lockdowns is going to be devastating not only economically, but to our kids academically and socially who have been shoved in their homes and isolated with “E learning” because the teachers union wouldn’t return to work, but that’s ok, illegals are getting in person down by the border. 

Schools have been open in most places almost the entire school year, in some that’s not the case but mostly they have been. This creating situations to get infuriated over seems to be a favorite pastime of about everyone these days.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Chambana said:

It's a problem, even more during a time of covid, but most aspects of that issue and things like Cuomo's personal life are really straying into territory that is not fitting for this thread. 

• Thanks 1

You really hate to see this. This is being caused mostly by the p1 variant. It should also be noted that Brazils population is 212  million which means they are doing far worse than we did at our peak. Not good folks

• Like 1

It's remarkable how predictable the top 3 or 4 culture war or other related crisis du jour people bring up when they are expressing their outrages at their fellow Americans these days. Often based on the chryron from where one consumes their news. (This is a criticism of anyone hyperpartisan spare me the victimhood/persecution narrative)

Please keep those things out of this thread unless there is a clear and compelling link to coronavirus.  All those things do is inflame,  divide and put people further into their tribes. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Plenty of proof but I'm not going to waste my time in a futile effort to convince you guys

:facepalm:

• Weenie 2

Good lord. Step away for a couple hours and someone with 11 posts and someone else who felt like going on a tirade against “liberals” hijacked the thread. There’s a reason I’m sticking to discussing covid here and not talking about things like Greg Abbott not throwing out the first pitch at the Rangers’ home opener because he’s salty about a decision that doesn’t even affect Texas. But hopefully a fair number of those 40,000 fans are vaccinated.

2 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

Good lord. Step away for a couple hours and someone with 11 posts and someone else who felt like going on a tirade against “liberals” hijacked the thread. There’s a reason I’m sticking to discussing covid here and not talking about things like Greg Abbott not throwing out the first pitch at the Rangers’ home opener because he’s salty about a decision that doesn’t even affect Texas. But hopefully a fair number of those 40,000 fans are vaccinated.

You are obsessed with post counts 

1 hour ago, StormfanaticInd said:

I am neither. I am independent. I just want whats best for America. Politics is destroying our country which is greiviously sad. We have taken common sense issues and made it all liberal vs conservative. I HATE POLITICS :angry:

Really, in the end, I think we all just want Covid to be over with (the sane people). Just a lot of disagreements on how to get there and how long to take to get there. I truly completely agree with you that at this point the vaccine is the fastest way there. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

You are obsessed with post counts 

It’s relevant when the vast majority of someone’s posts on a WEATHER forum are in a thread about coronavirus.

The media is fear mongering. We've been with covid for over a year now. This pandemic is quite similar to the 1918-1919 one. The first case was found in April of 1918 and ended in late 1919. That is without vaccines. This thing is toast by summer or the end of the year. Unless the media controls the narrative which is completely possible.

image.png.d772ab1de7fd097b6b7961152b2c9aa7.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

The media is fear mongering. We've been with covid for over a year now. This pandemic is quite similar to the 1918-1919 one. The first case was found in April of 1918 and ended in late 1919. That is without vaccines. This thing is toast by summer or the end of the year. Unless the media controls the narrative which is completely possible.

image.png.d772ab1de7fd097b6b7961152b2c9aa7.png

We'll certainly be a lot better off by then, but I feel this could be a bit overly optimistic.  Without vaccines/mitigation measures, the R0 of covid is substantially higher than the estimates for the Spanish Flu (particularly with some of the covid variants).  Of course we have vaccines this time which helps a lot.  But there will be a portion of adults who do not take the vaccine, and it will likely be months until kids under 16 can receive the vaccine, with some evidence suggesting that the variants infect kids easier than before.

1 minute ago, Hoosier said:

We'll certainly be a lot better off by then, but I feel this could be a bit overly optimistic.  Without vaccines/mitigation measures, the R0 of covid is substantially higher than the estimates for the Spanish Flu (particularly with some of the covid variants).  Of course we have vaccines this time which helps a lot.  But there will be a portion of adults who do not take the vaccine, and it will likely be months until kids under 16 can receive the vaccine, with some evidence suggesting that the variants infect kids easier than before.

We care about deaths though, right?

18 minutes ago, TimB84 said:

It’s relevant when the vast majority of someone’s posts on a WEATHER forum are in a thread about coronavirus.

Imagine scolding someone for posting about coronavirus in a thread titled “coronavirus”. You’re here too, posting, you know. 

4 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

If they decide to not get the vaccines that's on them, they are taking that risk. Everyone else should be living like they were before covid. That is what vaccines are for right? Not to social distance, wear a mask, and limit capacity everywhere. If all that still happens than what is the point of all of this? You do realize more kids under 16 die from the flu then covid right?

16 minutes ago, schoeppeya said:

We care about deaths though, right?

Yes.  I looked fast and didn't notice that chart was for deaths.  

So today was the first day without the state mask mandate in IN.  Went to the grocery store to get a few things.  The store still requires masks but I was wondering if I was going to see anybody without one.  Everybody in the store was wearing one.  Granted I was in there for a short amount of time and it is just one location, but it looked and felt exactly the same as before.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

So today was the first day without the state mask mandate in IN.  Went to the grocery store to get a few things.  The store still requires masks but I was wondering if I was going to see anybody without one.  Everybody in the store was wearing one.  Granted I was in there for a short amount of time and it is just one location, but it looked and felt exactly the same as before.

There was maybe two or three at work walking around without one, same as before otherwise. I’ve got friends in Dallas that said nothing really changed there since the mask mandate ended. Other than baseball games, of course 

Here is a personal anecdote.  I have no usable hearing in my left ear and a serious loss partially corrected by a hearing aid in my right ear.  As best as it could be determined this happened as the result of my getting measles as a youngster in the pre measles, mumps, rubella vaccine days of the 1950's.  I wish the vaccine had been developed by that time.  It troubles me that so many people are making this a political statement in one way or another.  I value science.  I also know why some African Americans are hesitant to get the vaccine due to prior legitimate governmental horror stories in the historical record.  I just wish we can work to urge people to take the vaccine not only for themselves but for the common good of the country so we can get back to some semblance of normalcy to address the concerns of many regarding employment, schools, etc.

• Like 7

Iowa just opened up to everyone.  I figured I wouldn't be able to get the shot til May, but I was fortunate to check the vaccine scheduler website for the local grocery store/pharmacy chain at the right time this evening, shortly after they opened a bunch of slots.  I get the Pfizer shot Wednesday evening.

• Like 1