• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2020

1 minute ago, Wmsptwx said:

Same here...I’m probably conservative slanting on many things, just can’t take the narcissism and inability to ever just take some blame. Many can see past that, I just can’t. Back to weather lol...sunny here...seems most action is south and west.

Nam continues to advertise something in N PA is going to get a big April snow. 

I have a lot of friends in the trades. zero of them have yet to collect a cent. I understand their frustration. I got of of Concrete and Mountain stone work many years ago, i was tired of no work in the Winter. 

and this isn't really political, just an observation.  So here is our Governor and staff, telling us to social distance and wear masks.............i get mandated to wear PPE on med calls now, plus all these other directives that i need a ****ing 3 ring binder for and here is our leader. i have a problem with this 

Wolfe.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

I have a lot of friends in the trades. zero of them have yet to collect a cent. I understand their frustration. I got of of Concrete and Mountain stone work many years ago, i was tired of no work in the Winter. 

and this isn't really political, just an observation.  So here is our Governor and staff, telling us to social distance and wear masks.............i get mandated to wear PPE on med calls now, plus all these other directives that i need a ****ing 3 ring binder for and here is our leader. i have a problem with this 

Yea, many of these conferences over the last month have shown people standing on a stage together.  Federal and state. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If this gets too bad there will have to be some type of universal income for all.  There is this but doubt this becomes reality:

https://www.businessinsider.com/americans-would-receive-2000-a-month-under-house-democrats-plan-2020-4

That would be a nice boost, but I doubt it too, and until I see the supposed $600/week unemployment suppliment the feds promised, I'm going to doubt that as well.

Just now, Voyager said:

That would be a nice boost, but I doubt it too, and until I see the supposed $600/week unemployment suppliment the feds promised, I'm going to doubt that as well.

I think the $600 is a forgone conclusion.  My wife was laid off and it took a month for her regular benefits to start but this week or next everyone who was approved for UC will get $600/wk starting April 3rd and they will be back paying it to that date.  I mean this whole $600/wk is a whole issue because it pays for people to stay home if they make less than $50K a year.  People on UC will be getting more than people working in grocery stores and such.

This whole deal is no good...we all want to work and earn our pay, but lack of knowledge on this thing is just astounding even yet. It seems like each day a new theory on how easy it spreads comes out..or how it now attacks the brain or the heart along with the lungs. If things would open up right now I think each of us laid off would dutifully go back to doing our jobs immediately, however those in power in a state or federal form have the solemn responsibility to balance is it worth reopening for a spooked public that may generate less than ideal percent of average and the risks of reopening and what it brings. I would not want the roll of governor, president or any of those leadership roles right now.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just to add to you point I think most here respect most others opinions.  You will sometimes seem an anti Trump slant from me and that is less about his policies or such and more about the way he pats himself on the back and uses the press conferences to his advantage for things not related to covid.  We do have to be careful about situations where most of the population is following one rule and a small part is not and it turns into fights in grocery stores.

Cuomo just announced NY is now to May 15th so I believe PA will have the same number at the afternoon conference. 

Your good, I feel like I have known you for years now! The Marcus forum to this forum. We certainly can agree to disagree, I'm fine with that and respect everyone's different opinions. But you talk about the press conferences look at the Media basis all they want to do is slam Trump instead of focusing on the Virus, they are more concerned about this year's election than anything else. Most of their questions are a complete joke. Trump does have an arrogance and chip on his shoulder but I like that in a President. He is not your standard Presidential person, he says what he feels and means. That is what got him voted in a President and why he won Pennsylvania in 2016 first time in a long time.

The media is such so bias, just like the democrats who will not vote on the additional policy to add to the small business funding, which I am small business so it is important to me. 

Again, no harm to you and your opinions total respect for sure and I saw snow today for 10 minutes so that is a positive like I said! :-)))

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, paweather said:

Your good, I feel like I have known you for years now! The Marcus forum to this forum. We certainly can agree to disagree, I'm fine with that and respect everyone's different opinions. But you talk about the press conferences look at the Media basis all they want to do is slam Trump instead of focusing on the Virus, they are more concerned about this year's election than anything else. Most of their questions are a complete joke. Trump does have an arrogance and chip on his shoulder but I like that in a President. He is not your standard Presidential person, he says what he feels and means. That is what got him voted in a President and why he won Pennsylvania in 2016 first time in a long time.

The media is such so bias, just like the democrats who will not vote on the additional policy to add to the small business funding, which I am small business so it is important to me. 

Again, no harm to you and your opinions total respect for sure and I saw snow today for 10 minutes so that is a positive like I said! :-)))

surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre rub it in :drunk:

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just to add to you point I think most here respect most others opinions.  You will sometimes seem an anti Trump slant from me and that is less about his policies or such and more about the way he pats himself on the back and uses the press conferences to his advantage for things not related to covid.  We do have to be careful about situations where most of the population is following one rule and a small part is not and it turns into fights in grocery stores.

Cuomo just announced NY is now to May 15th so I believe PA will have the same number at the afternoon conference. 

so well stated...

Dont like his persona,( I mean i literally cringe sometimes), but I respect what he is trying to do from a governance perspective.  Running a govt It isnt a job for a sissy.

There is no "one size fits all" approach to the diversity of businesses affected.  

it people are scared....let them have the choice to stay the hell home.  For those that arent scared, let us get back at it (using our new social distance skills weve learned/perfected).  This HAS TO HAPPEN, and for those that say not....where do you think the funding comes from for the burden that is about to come as a result from elongating this pandemic?  You seriously have to have a valid answer for that statement to respond.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Seems every time I open my mouth and post a model which in most winters would normally lead to something  all the hot air coming out pushes everything north.  Several tiems this year even myself down here was under a swatch of 2 or more inches of digital snow and nothing feel.

Could get into the 20's tonight...a parting gift from winter 29-20. 

Getting some decent snow showers coming through this afternoon!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

so well stated...

Dont like his persona,( I mean i literally cringe sometimes), but I respect what he is trying to do from a governance perspective.  Running a govt It isnt a job for a sissy.

There is no "one size fits all" approach to the diversity of businesses affected.  

it people are scared....let them have the choice to stay the hell home.  For those that arent scared, let us get back at it (using our new social distance skills weve learned/perfected).  This HAS TO HAPPEN, and for those that say not....where do you think the funding comes from for the burden that is about to come as a result from elongating this pandemic?  You seriously have to have a valid answer for that statement to respond.  

I don't say i'm scared very often, but man, i'm scared for my friends who own their own business. From barber shops, beauty saloons, contractors, gym owners etc. They have zero money coming in. They're going to go broke. So yeah, where is the money going to come from? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sauss06 said:

Wolfe.jpg

This photo is from March 12. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I don't say i'm scared very often, but man, i'm scared for my friends who own their own business. From barber shops, beauty saloons, contractors, gym owners etc. They have zero money coming in. They're going to go broke. So yeah, where is the money going to come from? 

This has been my biggest worry from early on.  You could see how everyone has bought into the pandemic to epic proportions.  Again, not diminishing ANY loss of life, but like i stated a few weeks back, many people die every day from things that can and cannot be avoided, and many of those deaths are far worse/lengthly than CV19 imo, but to me dead is dead.  I dont care what the cause...its out there, but its called life...and before this mess.....we were all living and accepting it.  

Smokers make a choics

Drinkers make a choice

People who are around smokers make a choice.(second hand smoke related lung cancer - #1 cause btw)

people who are around drinkers make a choice (drunk driving)

we all used to drive to work and for play...and make a choice

welders make a choice........

soldiers make a choice

first responders make a choice

truck drivers make a choice (just for you voyager)

greasy hamburger eaters make a choice

just eating poorly folk make a choice

I can keep going if y'all want me to.......

Point is.....we cannot stop or control everything, and we elect to take risk by doing what we feel is worth it/necessary.  Having a job is a must for 98.3% of us, and while I've got my nest egg, I/we cant wait for a vaccine/testing 12-18 months.  That will take far too long, so we are going to just have to buck up and add the risk onto whatever your personal risk list is.... and get back at it. 

Sorry guys, but hearing that we are likely extending, is petrifying me as to what it does to so many individuals/businesses.  I feel so sad for how this will ruin so many lives - let alone the stresses it will create societally.  

God help us.....

3 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

This has been my biggest worry from early on.  You could see how everyone has bought into the pandemic to epic proportions.  Again, not diminishing ANY loss of life, but like i stated a few weeks back, many people die every day from things that can and cannot be avoided, and many of those deaths are far worse/lengthly than CV19 imo, but to me dead is dead.  I dont care what the cause...its out there, but its called life...and before this mess.....we were all living and accepting it.  

Smokers make a choics

Drinkers make a choice

People who are around smokers make a choice.(second hand smoke related lung cancer - #1 cause btw)

people who are around drinkers make a choice (drunk driving)

we all used to drive to work and for play...and make a choice

welders make a choice........

soldiers make a choice

first responders make a choice

truck drivers make a choice (just for you voyager)

greasy hamburger eaters make a choice

just eating poorly folk make a choice

I can keep going if y'all want me to.......

Point is.....we cannot stop or control everything, and we elect to take risk by doing what we feel is worth it/necessary.  Having a job is a must for 98.3% of us, and while I've got my nest egg, I/we cant wait for a vaccine/testing 12-18 months.  That will take far too long, so we are going to just have to buck up and add the risk onto whatever your personal risk list is.... and get back at it. 

Sorry guys, but hearing that we are likely extending, is petrifying me as to what it does to so many individuals/businesses.  I feel so sad for how this will ruin so many lives - let alone the stresses it will create societally.  

God help us.....

The criticism to your post is none of those are highly contagious and carried by asymptomatic people infected and killing others unknowingly. It’s not a choice if you catch a pandemic.

If this had run its course naturally the economic harm would be far more devastating imo. 

32 minutes ago, canderson said:

The criticism to your post is none of those are highly contagious and carried by asymptomatic people infected and killing others unknowingly. It’s not a choice if you catch a pandemic.

If this had run its course naturally the economic harm would be far more devastating imo. 

really....

second hand smoke

being hit by another vehicle

suicide caused by societal stresses/work....etc

I can keep going if you'd like me to but i dont want to get into an argument and parse over details.  The problem with your "highly contagious and asymptomatic" statement is that if that IS the case, it would only further skew the argument against your concerns as some "experts" think this may have been here long before the first case was diagnosed, or test was available to classify it.  

To be as blatant as possible, we are doing something that no matter what the real numbers are (and from what we all are hearing - are still highly debatable) to protect a relatively small percentage at the expense of 100% of us....

For many of us, this was NOT the choice we would have taken.  

If you (rhetorically) are scared and wanna stay home....stay home. 

I'm not scared whatsoever....and I'll use my social distancing skills and get back at it.  

Ok, so I’ll change the subject back to, you guessed it, Snow !!!

There was a very nice round of snow showers that rolled through my yard in Marysville between 12 & 1 ! The first one lasted around 20 minutes and came down at a good rate. Then about 20 minutes later, another snow shower hit, which again came down at a decent rate for about 15 minutes. 

I enjoyed every snow flake today in my yard!

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Please guys. Don't let this virus ruin the great camaraderie we have on this forum.

Guys its just getting hard to sit and watch this happen.  Not for one second do I (nor any that share my feelings) discount the legitimate concerns, but we are allowed to dislike some of what is happening.  That does not mean we don't agree w/ certain aspects. 

If we are all friends, then we need to be able to be honest w/ one another, and as iv'e been here for many years, I consider you all good friends, and yeah, I talk freely.  

Remember gang.....Agreeing w/ people is no prerequisite to friendship.  One can learn the most from those we disagree w/ , as they can open ones eyes to the "other side".  Think about it.  

We are in this together.  If you disagree w/ me, then friggin have at it.  I'm not perfect, but I'm not gonna sit back and sugar coat sh!t.  And that's just what some of this is.  

I care about every one in here....and that's not debatable.  My opinions....well....maybe so.

• Like 2