• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2020

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Areas of showers have developed over the LSV (it's currently raining here) although the sky has brightened considerably.

What impact, if any will this area of showers moving through now have on later storm development?

Sun is now visible here. 

Was wondering the same thing. With the amount of rain we've already gotten and the amount of rain I'm currently getting at my place I wasn't sure if that would reduce the intensity of the storms later. 

5 minutes ago, ssavon66 said:

Was wondering the same thing. With the amount of rain we've already gotten and the amount of rain I'm currently getting at my place I wasn't sure if that would reduce the intensity of the storms later. 

Welcome to the forum!

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Probably won’t have a ton of impact if we clear fur an hour after this line moves through ahead if the front. 

1-3 pm is the key time for the LSV.

Storms down in WV already look nasty and they have a ways to go before they reach us...

2 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Holy fu@#_@ rain.........Pick me up in your boat on the way past

Jon! Stop this nonsense - it's not going to rain again until tomorrow night.  :P

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Welcome to the forum!

Storms down in WV already look nasty and they have a ways to go before they reach us...

Jon! Stop this nonsense - it's not going to rain again until tomorrow night.  :P

Thanks for the welcome. Don't know much about weather, but it has always interested me. Plus nothing better to do being stuck at home, so might as well try and learn a little something. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ssavon66 said:

Thanks for the welcome. Don't know much about weather, but it has always interested me. Plus nothing better to do being stuck at home, so might as well try and learn a little something. 

Yes welcome, great people on here. You will learn a lot and much about our passion for snow! :D

TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 119
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
1130 AM EDT MON APR 13 2020

TORNADO WATCH 119 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 600 PM EDT FOR THE
 FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

PAC001-009-011-013-017-021-025-027-029-035-037-041-043-045-055-
057-061-067-071-075-077-079-081-087-089-091-093-095-097-099-101-
107-109-111-113-119-133-132200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0119.200413T1530Z-200413T2200Z/

PA
.    PENNSYLVANIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ADAMS                BEDFORD             BERKS
BLAIR                BUCKS               CAMBRIA
CARBON               CENTRE              CHESTER
CLINTON              COLUMBIA            CUMBERLAND
DAUPHIN              DELAWARE            FRANKLIN
FULTON               HUNTINGDON          JUNIATA
LANCASTER            LEBANON             LEHIGH
LUZERNE              LYCOMING            MIFFLIN
MONROE               MONTGOMERY          MONTOUR
NORTHAMPTON          NORTHUMBERLAND      PERRY
PHILADELPHIA         SCHUYLKILL          SNYDER
SOMERSET             SULLIVAN            UNION
YORK
$$
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ssavon66 said:

While I have studied the weather a lot, there are many even here that will forget more than I'll ever know. One thing about my weather passion is I used to keep very detailed records to supplement my memory of significant weather events dating back to the early 1970s. That, and having a good knowledge of my local climate based on many years of watching, observing and remembering how events unfold enables me to do okay. 

If you want sound meteo answers to questions we have @MAG5035 who is an outstanding met. We also have some very good amateur "mets" to help you out. 

If you have general weather questions relating to weather events from the past or looking for some insight on what MIGHT happen - I and others will be happy to engage in discussion. :) 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ssavon66 said:

Me either, they just keep me around for my good looks and charming personality. 

Welcome to the nut house

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ssavon66 said:

Welcome ssavon!

Just to let you know. I'm the forum warmanista. While the others live for snow, I live for summer, and that in itself is a testament as to the fine nature of the folks here. I'm certainly an outlier, but am welcome just the same. Overall we have a great passion for weather and get along quite well.

• Like 1

Just now, Voyager said:

Welcome ssavon!

Just to let you know. I'm the forum warmanista. While the others live for snow, I live for summer, and that in itself is a testament as to the fine nature of the folks here. I'm certainly an outlier, but am welcome just the same. Overall we have a great passion for weather and get along quite well.

You get a pass in being from the skook. 

Hey [mention=1507]MAG5035[/mention] what prevented the synoptic winds from mixing down this morning? It’s barely been 10 mph winds all morning but the atmosphere is absolutely cranking.
We’ll get wild winds soon but we struck out entirely on the first part of that 5hrrad and I can’t see a specific reason.

Winds were absolutely howling under the heavy rain that went through this morning.