• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

5 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

What makes you say it’s almost over? Still tons of moisture over WNY. HRR still bullish

I'm fairly far east, as modeled it kinda just rots away in place. With that said ripping cottonballs. By far the most epic 3 week April stretch I can remember regardless especially given it all occured mid-late April. Obviously 97 holds the cake but climatologically April 1st and 26th are worlds apart.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

I'm fairly far east, as modeled it kinda just rots away in place. With that said ripping cottonballs. By far the most epic 3 week April stretch I can remember regardless especially given it all occured mid-late April. Obviously 97 holds the cake but climatologically April 1st and 26th are worlds apart.

April 1983 was also epic for CNY and much of upstate. Yes, some of us remember...

• Like 1

I'm kind of "glad" this storm wasn't earlier and colder IMBY...we recorded about 0.5" of rain in my area, which would have been 5-6" of snow.  Undoubtedly, we would have has WS Warnings issued for the same storm back during Winter....and come up a bit light...

• Haha 1

Sneaking in a nice day here in WNY between the gyre swirling to the east and the next system racing towards us from the west. Sun and low 50’s feels like mid-summer after yesterday’s rawness.

Looks like a good chance to get into some rare southerly flow on Wednesday that would send our temps above normal for the first time in about 16 days. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

We just had 4 months of a west coast trough and east coast ridge. Now we are going to see 4 months of the opposite. Just in time to set us up next year for another 4 month winter ridge.

Man if there was ever a time for a guy named Doc and the flux capacitor...