Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2020 disc/obs

Torch Tiger

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

You're problem is that you think I'm trying to predict something there... that's an OP ed approach and conveyance - look up what that means.  Opinion piecing isn't what you are after there - 

Ya..that’s ok, no look up lol.  

And I wasn’t thinking you were trying to predict anything.  I honestly had no idea what the hell you were trying to say??  I guess I’m just stupid cuz some of your posts(the ones I have time to read)  I’m just baffled by?   Oh well, no offense intended. 

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya..that’s ok, no look up lol.  

And I wasn’t thinking you were trying to predict anything.  I honestly had no idea what the hell you were trying to say??  I guess I’m just stupid cuz some of your posts(the ones I have time to read)  I’m just baffled by?   Oh well, no offense intended. 

D

All of the above 

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No argument from me... 

In fact, I was digging around out in the main forum with those seasonal outlooks and found a post I made back in October hinting pretty strongly that I feared no reason to go against the climate migration model and the HC expansion/fast flow contamination issues ruining this winter, just like last year. 

Gee, what the f happened?  Sorry, it's pretty clear that we had trouble with stream mechanical phasing, and cyclgonic entropy was large because of the torn open atmosphere. 

Yeah, I've been warning for a long time now ( meaning five seven or eight years ) that most these seasonal outlooks, few appear to have taken the latest research/observations/CC factors into account and still prog with too many vestigial influences of 1965 causation manifolds between water, land, and the more ephermal atmospheric indicators.  

They are not valid in 2020 ... hint - those method/validity started eroding in usefulness ... roughly around the onset and post the super-nino of 1997, and have gotten really quite obviously less than useful in the last five years.  I was just talking to Harvey Leonard earlier today about this, he made this statement to me, which was a veritable echo of my own sentiments I made in a passing comment/missive in one of these scrolled threads in here, a couple of months ago: 

"I have never really seen one quite like this, for combo of warmth, and not even any “close calls,” or “near misses” since mid December."

In concept this is exactly what I said to y'all, 'it is getting increasingly more difficult to sustain a snow potential atmosphere at our latitudes of North America, without some sort of either concurrent or antecedent, direct -EPO loading to support'

I dunno - when combining the total worldly perspective on matters, we may already be in a Philly climate now...  Wouldn't shock me. I mean, most empirical evidence to date in support of the CC stuff, shows that the change has exceeded modeling expectations ...in some case by decade(s) depending on the focused metric.  Why not blow our f'n winters away too - But, before anyone panics, even in a Philly climate ( if more than merely tongue-in-cheek) it snowed a foot last week south of there in the slope country of the Carolinas.  There are no absolute boundaries in climate, it's all about rarity.  

I can't believe that you were able to dig up a Hadley cell self quote. Must have been a tall task..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1