• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]

Mid-week potential of something somewhere

2.3 inches so far. Woo. It’s getting to the point where I don’t believe the atmosphere is capable of producing a snow of more than 3 inches. 

• Sad 1

Sitting at 3.  Would've been half as much but had a nice band sit on top around 10am.  Hoping for another inch as the backside moves through.  This stuff is sticking to everything.  Guess it's better than nothing.  :weenie:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tuanis said:

image.thumb.png.a1bc1cb40d4581d37012e300e4a40f84.png

Storm of the century!

Have about 2” here and only flurries at the moment. Had a decent band this morning and nothing really since.. but as usual this year - the heaviest snow was to come this afternoon - and poof. The models really had a hard time with this one lol. 

11 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Looks like most of southeast MI is between 2-3" so far. Should still end up in the 4-6 range but a lot of paved surfaces dont have much.

Saw on Twitter that pavement temperatures are about 34F right now in the GTA. 

16 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Looks like most of southeast MI is between 2-3" so far. Should still end up in the 4-6 range but a lot of paved surfaces dont have much.

I was at 2.9” at 1pm. For sure over 3” now. May be able to cheat out a 6”+ amount. Pavement has been pretty clean all day.

Just now, michsnowfreak said:

I'm at work but I'd est close to 3

Just measured, at 3.7”. There’s definitely been some compaction and such, so the snow board comes in handy. 

• Like 1

Once the sun starts to go down this should stick better on the roads. The shaded spots on roads are already getting some accumulations. 

• Like 1

I had 3.6" on the board at 1 PM and it still snowing nicely, so should be able hit 4.  Not to be a glass half empty guy because this is nice, but oh what it could have been with some cold air to work with.

• Like 1

Have about 2-3" on the grass...pavement just finally starting to whiten up.  Based on radar, it's pretty apparent the heaviest snow is going to miss us to the east.  Should finish in the 6-8" range hopefully by 12z tomorrow.

38 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Have about 2-3" on the grass...pavement just finally starting to whiten up.  Based on radar, it's pretty apparent the heaviest snow is going to miss us to the east.  Should finish in the 6-8" range hopefully by 12z tomorrow.

We can’t have nice things haha.

RGEM nailed it. It was further east than the other models. Let’s see if we can squeeze a few inches tom with that LES band. 

4.5" here at 6pm and as temps drop into the twenties it's turning into a legit snowstorm. Blowing and drifting, but still a marshmallow world from the wet snow. So pretty! Snow has a while to go still. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Snowstorms said:

We can’t have nice things haha.

RGEM nailed it. It was further east than the other models. Let’s see if we can squeeze a few inches tom with that LES band. 

Remember where we were 3 days ago. Nothing to complain about.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

I had 3.6" on the board at 1 PM and it still snowing nicely, so should be able hit 4.  Not to be a glass half empty guy because this is nice, but oh what it could have been with some cold air to work with.

Or if it was mid January so sun angle & warm ground could be a non-factor. It’s been a classic “all day” snow but getting consistent accumulation has been a uphill battle until recently.

45 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Remember where we were 3 days ago. Nothing to complain about.

That’s true.

Core of the storm is still south of us but we should start seeing more heavier bands after 9pm. Could tally up another 4-6” if they stay consistent.

1 minute ago, Snowstorms said:

That’s true.

Core of the storm is still south of us but we should start seeing more heavier bands after 9pm. Could tally up another 4-6” if they stay consistent.

23z HRRR showing 6.7" additional.  Last check, YYZ was up to 2.8" (2.8 + 6.7 = 9.5", which is definitely towards the high end of expectations, unless anyone believed the few clown RAP/GFS runs showing 12"+) .

We would need to start cranking though at some point.  Cloud tops starting to cool and pivot N/NNW across E OH/W PA.  Hopefully that's a good sign. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

23z HRRR showing 6.7" additional.  Last check, YYZ was up to 2.8" (2.8 + 6.7 = 9.5", which is definitely towards the high end of expectations, unless anyone believed the few clown RAP/GFS runs showing 12"+) .

We would need to start cranking though at some point.  Cloud tops starting to cool and pivot N/NNW across E OH/W PA.  Hopefully that's a good sign. 

Here's hoping. I was a bit concerned earlier today when the snow didn't seem to be sticking.

3 hours ago, IWXwx said:

At 4 here as of 7pm.  Still snowing but has let up to sand blasting pixie dust.  That little wrap around band kicked it up a notch.  Can keep these ticklers off the lake over night might even get another inch.  Pretty big cutoff to the SE, SE Madison county maybe 2 inches.  Driving around amounts definitely reflect the banding.  The secondary roads are shit, just the way I like it lol.  I'm still amazed at the drifting, there's some 2 footers out there and still building.  Due for another ride in a couple hours..  Biggest drifts since Pumpkin Day.

• Like 2