• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

Its the Thursday and Friday time frame that are looking messy.  The "good" runs continually redevelop a surface low back to the south along the front.  The bad runs create a deeper primary low that rolls right up over us.  0zGFS just went the latter of the two options.  There are very subtle things dictating that surface low position in round 2.  Will be a nailbiter for days I'm sure.  

Wednesday looks decent though

Well good luck the rest of winter purgatory fellow weenies. After reading this morning's AFD and seeing possible 50' s for Thursday night I've thrown in the towel on this season. It's been a blast may us weenies find comfort in knowing the NE forum and the MA forum pushed each other off the cliff of despair long ago. We held as one. Peace!

• Haha 3

We have nothing to stop these systems from cutting except well timed HP but we have nothing to hold those in place lol A 50/50 low can become a temporary-NAO but for the most part the coast is toast lol And were next..

4indices (7).png

With the -epo we should have a little more cold to work with though..

1 hour ago, Thinksnow18 said:

Well good luck the rest of winter purgatory fellow weenies. After reading this morning's AFD and seeing possible 50' s for Thursday night I've thrown in the towel on this season. It's been a blast may us weenies find comfort in knowing the NE forum and the MA forum pushed each other off the cliff of despair long ago. We held as one. Peace!

Pretty soon we are going to be the Mid-Atlantic Forum....with our winter discussions consisting of talk about frozen bird feeders last night and freezing fog causing water droplets to freeze to our windshields.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

I don’t know why the morning freak out. Jeez. GFS 6z looks like it has for last 3 days. Euro has been bouncing around and WPC looks ideal. Yeah, it could all goto crap but right now it’s at least a coin toss. 

And at least it’s something to watch with some potential.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Probably because of the constant disappointments...BUT...I will say this positive: It has looked like winter here with a solid snowpack for over 2 weeks now.

Same here although with the lack of any replenishment there are thin spots starting to show.

• Like 1

Just now, CNY_WX said:

Same here although with the lack of any replenishment there are thin spots starting to show.

Same. Looks like a different world down in the city of Syracuse. Not much snow there at all. I know we have had more than them. Is it pretty typical for the northern part of the county to hold onto snowpack much better than the city? I noticed this winter that the thaws seem to be more pronounced in the city. Other than it being a city, I am interested in whether the downsloping off the hills JUST south of the city has more of impact on them during thaws than up here.

Would love to learn some more about the local climate from you guys.

54 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Actually, quite a lot of good ones. IDK. This winter has made us all so pessimistic. It’s like despite some good evidence, we all know just what is about to happen and it aint good. 

• Like 1