• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

There really isn’t a strong case to be made for the next 6 days.  One can argue the LR because models show promise, but La la land is really day 6.  Or 5.  It’s like the models don’t believe the fast flow is sustained enough of the time.  

Next winter will probably repeat if you figure the pacific will remain a furnace.  I’m hedging that.  The west will do alright and Alaska cold. Could be like this for awhile ala the 80s.  

Next week is gonna be interesting. With our luck we end up with three messes. CN we get lucky just once? 
This progressive flow is annoying. Anything that  has any potential is strong so it catches too soon and cuts. The weaker ones slide south. So it’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t. At this juncture, I’d take weak sliders. It’s tough to see a big one catching at the right time. It’s easy to see on the ensembles, the deeper LP’s are NW while the weaker ones are South. 
At least we have stuff to track! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Next week is gonna be interesting. With our luck we end up with three messes. CN we get lucky just once? 
This progressive flow is annoying. Anything that  has any potential is strong so it catches too soon and cuts. The weaker ones slide south. So it’s damned if you do and damned if you don’t. At this juncture, I’d take weak sliders. It’s tough to see a big one catching at the right time. It’s easy to see on the ensembles, the deeper LP’s are NW while the weaker ones are South. 
At least we have stuff to track! 

if those 6 days threats were our oasis then we would die of thirst.  Mirages or minimal qpf to quench thirst. Just then another oasis appears 7 days off, so we crawl and claw on our bedraggled bellies toward it, parched and desperate, but that's all we can do!  track.

We always have hope and hope never lets us down.  here's to winter 2022.  i might just turtle up and conserve energy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Canadian has been remarkably stable with its westward depiction of next weeks storm. It would be an absolute disaster for my ski trip (just like last year). You simply can’t plan a ski trip in the east anymore. gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_27.png

I feel for you man. Next weekend is either going to be a massive snowstorm or a complete washout. That’s some risky shit right there 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I feel for you man. Next weekend is either going to be a massive snowstorm or a complete washout. That’s some risky shit right there 

Are we really believing in a 979 LP?? Do the ULs support such development of the 2nd (of 3) waves?

An inverted surface trough and its associated frontal boundary
appears to stall over our area for the majority of this period
before becoming a closed low and tracking northeast by the tail end.
These patterns will result in unsettled weather throughout the
period. The latest model guidances are still variable with the
placement of the frontal boundary and the number of shortwave
disturbances that will ride the boundary. Thus, there is quite a bit
of uncertainty to whether we`ll experience a few rounds of rain,
mixed precipitation or snow.

However, near the end of this period the surface trough looks to
form into a closed low, but the model guidances are still in
disagreement as to where this low will track. Again causing
uncertainty to precipitation type. We will have to keep an eye on
this period as we get closer.

3 minutes ago, Leelee said:

So, even the best of these ensembles would translate to like a few inches of slop at lower elevation. Bleh. We need cold and LES somehow for once this year.

We must be looking at different things. That was one of the best runs all winter for a lot of this forum. 
Not that it will happen. Lol

10 minutes ago, Leelee said:

So, even the best of these ensembles would translate to like a few inches of slop at lower elevation. Bleh. We need cold and LES somehow for once this year.

If those don't look good to you I don't know what would make you happy.   The best ensembles show 12-18 inches at lower elevations

• Haha 1

Just now, wolfie09 said:

She is talking about the heaviest being over the higher elevations on the ensembles, which it is..

6"-8' on a mean isn't necessarily great when it includes 3 systems lol

I understand that, but the first time we have something to look forward to and here come the debbie downers to poop on it.  Good grief, let us have one 6 hour period with some hope.  lolz

• Like 2
  • Haha 1