• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

8 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I have noticed a big time glitch in this area on the snow depth maps and models, I always assumed it was downsloping but nope it's a glitch lol Not sure why though..

I can't see my driveway yet let alone grass lol

There are things called shovels, snowblowers, and plows to help with that. :P :P :P 

Just now, wolfie09 said:

I have a gravel driveway that's full of rocks and pebbles lol I had my snowblower purposely adjusted to leave a thin layer of snow on top lol 

GFS has now wobbled back south with the threats. I wouldn’t trust it at this point. Was so north last run now south with the overrunning storm 2 this run. Icon vice versa

Just now, wolfie09 said:

Powerful storm

sfcwind_mslp.us_ne (19).png

Man, just can't see that strong of a LP forming in this situation. My guess is we'll see 2 weaker waves along the frontal boundary, with the 3rd being the strongest (990ish). Where the boundary sits will be the big question.

• Like 2

Yup, I was just going to say that. It doesn't really matter where the boundary sets up ahead of time. It's the fact that the SE Ridge will NOT go away. If a Low starts to gain strength, it teams up with the ridge, and NORTH it goes.

Like I said earlier, the only way we get SOME snow this winter is weak systems riding West to East that end with rain showers on the backside and a melt on the side.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, wolfie09 said:

I had 7 nights were the Mercury dropped to 0.3°F or less in January and my average low was still 19° lol Average high finished around 35°..

Syracuse didn’t have any nights below zero in January.  There were 6 nights with lows in the single digits with the lowest being 4 on the 21st.

It's been quite amusing to me to read through the last few pages of this thread without posting, cause it surely shows how completely nuts we really are about Winter Weather, lol! I'm not being pessimistic but I just don't see anything materializing the next couple weeks and that brings us to the last Month of Winter and who really cares by then, lol.  Yeah the EPO goes Negative for a time but having both a Super +PNA and a equally positive NAO pretty much negates the push of Cold Air out way or else we'd all be rejoicing right now even if one of the other indices were in the other direction, lol!

What has been off all yr has been the timing of our beloved indices, lol!  With that type of drop in the EPO I'd be rejoicing but when I see a PNA and a NAO the way they are I have to seriously laugh and say to myself, WTF is going on, lol, but unfortunately these kinds of Winters occur.  Oh believe me, we'll get our week of Winter but it may in fact be, at the end of March, lol!

I won't even talk about the Trop Pac because before December most of the forcing was West of the DL and all of a sudden it shifts almost 40 degrees East and so does our troughing!  Look out in the North Atlantic, trough after trough after trough and it tells the story easily.  our Rosby wave dispersion is off by several degrees and it has been since late November, when it all changed for the worse, and it hasn't gone back the other way so....