Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Mid to Long Range Threats

Rjay

4 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

I would never look at a r/s line this far out. Just pointing out what the Euro shows. Of course this could change as we get closer. Just no more cutters please.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

Most likely a storm that big with marginal cold, with a good track like that it would make its own cold air and dynamically cool all columns as the storm deepens! Just pointing out things you didn’t point out!

• Weenie 1

Most likely a storm that big with marginal cold, with a good track like that it would make its own cold air and dynamically cool all columns as the storm deepens! Just pointing out things you didn’t point out!
That's what I said we would need a benchmark track and the low bomb out. Same thing different wording.

6 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

That's what I said we would need a benchmark track and the low bomb out. Same thing different wording.

Euro already shows a bombogenesis from hour 174 and on. It drops over 24 millibars in less than 24 hours in fact it drops 35 millibars from 174-198 hours as the low comes up the coast. Classic nor’easter signature. That’s a bombing out low. remember every model has problems reading the dynamic cooling and evaporative cooling. They are 99% of the time warmer than what they should be especially at the onset. What happens after they are better but that usually consists of a inland low, this would be a miller A which wouldn’t consist of any warm layer surging up. This would be getting colder and colder but the model doesn’t show that, and that’s why in my opinion is wrong. Euro does show a benchmark track

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

18 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

200 hours out

Just worry about a storm this far out

lol you should have watched the guys on TWC talking about a major pattern change, they said there is not enough cold air around for the storm next weekend (7 days out) but there will be for the one after that (14 days out) and the one after that (21 days out.)  LMAO

• Haha 2

Just now, LibertyBell said:

lol you should have watched the guys on TWC talking about a major pattern change, they said there is not enough cold air around for the storm next weekend (7 days out) but there will be for the one after that (14 days out) and the one after that (21 days out.)  LMAO

Oh God they are tv personalities. They don’t know what they’re talking about!

im curious to see the EPS

25 minutes ago, Barman49 said:

With that flow on the EPS it has no chance to come up the coast. Of course we still have a week to go so time for changes.

I'm not even gonna think about this until 3-4 days out. The signal for a storm is there though. Many things have to go right however.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Hard to believe with a long this strong this would be rain. Still a while to go.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_29.png

Believe me It wont be. Taken verbatim that's snow down to the coast. Typical warm thermal bias with the global models. Good thing at this point is we have a signal for a strong storm. Bad thing is my Superbowl party could be in serious jeopardy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 3

2 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

Believe me It wont be. Taken verbatim that's snow down to the coast. Typical warm thermal bias with the global models. Good thing at this point is we have a signal for a strong storm. Bad thing is my Superbowl party could be in serious jeopardy.

Why exactly wouldn’t it be rain? The cold is not there near the coast

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

5 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

I agree

That should have been snow to the coast. Thermals shouldnt be taken seriously until we get closer.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, snowman19 said:

Look back at the coastal storms of Jan, Feb, and Mar, 1998. Very strong lows took benchmark and east of benchmark tracks and they were all rain for the entire metro area

Dude this is a week out. Strong signal for a coastal storm.  You cant just sit here today  thinking this will def be a rain event.

• Like 2

Lets stop arguing and listen to MT. Holly : 

SATURDAY AND BEYOND. A STORM SYSTEM LOOKS TO APPROACH (POSSIBLY   TAKING THE FORM OF A COASTAL LOW) NEXT WEEKEND BUT DETAILS   REGARDING THE TRACK AND ASSOCIATED PRECIPITATION AND THERMAL   FIELDS ARE UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. LEFT POPS IN THE CHC.RANGE DUE   TO TIMING UNCERTAINTIES.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

Lets stop arguing and listen to MT. Holly : 

SATURDAY AND BEYOND. A STORM SYSTEM LOOKS TO APPROACH (POSSIBLY   TAKING THE FORM OF A COASTAL LOW) NEXT WEEKEND BUT DETAILS   REGARDING THE TRACK AND ASSOCIATED PRECIPITATION AND THERMAL   FIELDS ARE UNKNOWN AT THIS TIME. LEFT POPS IN THE CHC.RANGE DUE   TO TIMING UNCERTAINTIES.  

This is just common sense. I don't trust the models beyond 72 hours let alone a week. 

• Like 1

Let’s get that same low the GFS shows in the same position at 72hrs and I’ll be happy believe me that low will make its own cold air and cool all columns down yes my weenie is coming out but it’s true it’s a sub 980 low come on guys haven’t we learned here that the global suck at thermals

• Weenie 1